Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vag 2.0 pd engines... Good/bad?

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm can the B6 passat be got on a 1.9 engine?

John, is it easy to find the CR engine, or are people just stupid and claim everything from VAG is PD
    The replacement can be a shade thirstier as the other car uses waaaaay less than the clio did and is about £300 a year cheaper to run anyway, so I can use that on fuel lmao.
    Would the 3.0 be a really bad move? (like as bad as a GM V6 derv bad move )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Liners? Are you sure? What engine?
    its in a 51 plate mk4 golf gt tdi with the ajm engine

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stu, have you looked at BMW's? It pains me to say it, but my mates 330d is a nice car indeed.
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    Stu, have you looked at BMW's? It pains me to say it, but my mates 330d is a nice car indeed.
    I have, and do like them a lot, but at the same time getting a post 07 one for £10K without intergalactic milage on seems tricky (want post 07 as they have better toys). Thing is the passat has done us so well with my total lack of care towards her and getting a newer one so long as it can cope the same is very tempting

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the same car as you. 2002 passat estate 130pd sport. Goes really well for a 1500kg car, our has only done 77k and still feels like new to drive, pulls well and the 6 speed is silky smooth. i have heard of cars doing 500k on original turbos and injectors, seems the regular servicing is a must.

i was looking at a high miler 56plate b6 2.0 tdi for the same sort of money, but with some research found that they suffer with many more "common" problems. and decided to get an older lower milage b5.5. the only fault i have is the fact that VW cant seem to make a car that keeps water out

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    the only fault i have is the fact that VW cant seem to make a car that keeps water out

I had to punch the drain plugs out the other week and got about 15 Litres of water out of the bulkhead :s

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I had to punch the drain plugs out the other week and got about 15 Litres of water out of the bulkhead :s
    snap, thats what i did last sunday, and today im planning on sorting the pollen filter seal and locating the ccm and drying it out and sorting any correded connections that i find along the way.

i cleared the drains and had 2 big lumps of gunk under the car when i moved it.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep the pb5.5 . Imo the pre pd's are the best but pd's are not all that bad, there's an ex taxi bora that my uncle bought and sold that has just been scrapped, had 490k on it and the engine was still strong, only got scrapped because of needing everything but an engine .
    From what i have been told, the newer 2.0 tdi's are ok, yes they have problems but which modern car doesn't

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Hmmmm can the B6 passat be got on a 1.9 engine?

John, is it easy to find the CR engine, or are people just stupid and claim everything from VAG is PD
    The replacement can be a shade thirstier as the other car uses waaaaay less than the clio did and is about £300 a year cheaper to run anyway, so I can use that on fuel lmao.
    Would the 3.0 be a really bad move? (like as bad as a GM V6 derv bad move )
    Yeah the 3c passat can be had with the 1.9 engine, iirc they do a 110 and a 130. Think the 130 is in se and higher? The cr engine has been in the passat for a goid few years now too. The 3.0 is a good engine, but like I say, thirsty. My bro just got rid of an a4 3.0 v6 tdi quatt s line. 25mpg maxing the motorway.
    I'd go for an a6 with the last of the 170 Pd engines if budget allows. Very few probs with them at all. Apologies for the late reply, in the land of no 3G (Cornwall )