Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: little engine..big ambition.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try checking the rear washer pipe, irrc I managed to dissconnect the pipe in the passanger footwell of my mates nova by accident, thus corsing a leak and he wasnt too impressed.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leeboo
    I do know that the hole for the wires should have a gromit, but as there is no water lying in the battery tray, I am puzzled
    there is certainly evidence of water being in the tray.....
    start with a grommit before you go replaceing door seals and welding floor pans.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for the advice, what should i use as the grommit? might sound like an obvious quetion to tell the truth. Would i need to go to a scrappy and get one or could i mock one up at home? Thanks again everyone.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice project tom i have a 1litre trip as well

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, you can buy grommits from a local motor factors. Around here (about 25miles east of London) its Allparts. I know there is one in Watford coz I work for 'em. I dont know where abouts you are so I cant tell you if theres one local. But they should be able to help.

As for where its coming from, I would rip up the carpet and sound deadening where its coming from and have a ganders. Get it sorted sooner rather then later too as it will rust. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice looking Car mate
    Formally Known as Gsi_Jimbo, New name No Idea

my project / my Daily / New track slag project

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down One thing to another.

Another damper on the project appeared yesterday, just when i thought the leak was bad enough, it turns out the my hazard lights are broken . I pulled out of a turning and, as you do, taped the hazards to say thank you to the person behind. Every thing seemed fine, untill i tried to turn them off. the switch wouldnt stay in, it just constantly poped out. Very fustrating. So i have turnt to using some thick tape, to try and hold it in, this works temporaraly, but it doesnt last, as soon as you break to a stop it pops out again. So you can imagin my fustration.
    But what did i expect for a car that cost me ?270 ? you cant compain eh?
    if ANYONE has ANY ideas, they are extremely welcome.
    Thanks for the advice (again) .
    Tom

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Tom not been here a while. The hazard swith is a common problem on the mk2s. Its easily sorted with a few different approaches. I found jamming a couple of coppers (coins not policemen) between the sides of the switch is a good temporary fix. Tape is good, irrc my mate kept a roll of it around his gearstick. These are just temporary, next time you have a spare few hours get yourself down a scrappy and find another mk2 nova and pocket the switch, it just pulls out. I think I have seen guides on how to wire in a normal toggle switch on these forums so have a search for that. Good luck and keep me updated!

?270 thats a bargain! I paid ?500 for mine with 52k on the clock!

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow so its been officaly 7 months since i last posted!?!? and what have i done? well to be honest, nothing, apart from installing some speakers and constantly cleaning her ...
    But as many a person has done befor me, i am now turning to you, the helpfull people of PNG for your friendly advice.
    Ever since i have had the car i have had a small problem with my Air conditioning fans. When ever i turn them on, instead of getting a nice quiet breeze, what i get is a loud-screaming-banshy-wannabe sound comming out of the fans. Now i have a feeling that their might be something stuck, but obviously being in-experienced, i dont really wonna start taking things apart, with out some advice...
    So have any of you guys suffered from this sort of thing before?
    Oh and if there is anyone here with a pov spec nova, do you have a ciggy lighter in yours? now iv had some people tell me that in the poverty spec models (the trip/spin etc. ones) they didnt come with a ciggerette lighter installed??
    I took mine out today, and to my amazment there is no wire connecting to the actual ciggy lighter module (which to my suprise was from a ford?? l)
    But yeah i will stop going on now, so if you guys have any advice i would greatly appretiate it!
    thanks again!

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fans always squeek its a common thing, unfortunatly there isnt much you can do about it unless you want to take the dash out and replace/clean up the fans in the heater matrix. Taking out the dash is a pain in the **** ive heard. I could be wrong though.

My ciggy lighter has never worked but i took a look at it recently and mine was the same - both the connectors werent attached.