Thread: ADES GARAGE V2! **now with pics! **

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by novacabrio
    I think it definitly needs bigger wheels, something a bit differnt to theusual speedlines etc to go with the kit

i was just about to say something similar.....

with the car looking soo so differnet now............wheel choice will be vital wether the whole car works visually or not.

personally i'm not a fan of kitted cars.....but i doo like this......and all the effort thats went in is second to none imo.

it'll certainly need 16's or 17's on it.........but im not even sure if the old faithful speedlines would do the car justice.

i would be going through alot of photoshopped pictures of differnet wheels on the car ....before making any decisions ade

great work though........i love this thread

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have some new style Vauxhall wheels on there - Astra SXi wheels or Tigra wheels, something like that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughanmc
    I'd have some new style Vauxhall wheels on there - Astra SXi wheels or Tigra wheels, something like that
    5 stud conversion and these prehaps?
    http://www.autospies.com/images/user...coop_OPC_1.jpg
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah weas thinking about those - whats the offset though? Didnt Vauxhall change their offset on the later models from et49?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt know, sure a vxr forum would be happy to help
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks brilliant mate! is it going to be done on the outside by PV show? going to take some doing! it is really coming together now and it looks all connected now if you know what i mean? as for wheels how about the renault wheels which i suggested a few pages back? sprayed anthracite with yellow paintwork would look ace, or sprayed black with white pearl paintwork would also look stunning, they look really modern and would look grate with the rest of the cars looks imo, but it's obviously upto you, glad you have decided on some bigger wheels than 15's though, they would have been swallowed by the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not going to be done by PV and I doubt it'll be done by the end of the year - wife's just been told shes got a new job over the other side of Scotland (Fife way) so we'll probably be moving in the next few months...

We're currently looking at taking on a renovation project with land and a HUGE barn. there's a garage (of sorts) with a work shop but it's really run down and I wouldnt put anything in it incase it falls down!

god knows what and where I'm gonna put the nova!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude have to done any thing about towing eyes? just in case?

looks bang on mate!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have remembered the weight of the engine and gearbox will bring the front down arund 2 inches haven't you?

I dont think I've ever seen a nova without a twisted/warped boot lid, give it a bit of the old heave-ho, new hinge pins might help a bit too.

Sorry, need to get milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ade
    not going to be done by PV and I doubt it'll be done by the end of the year - wife's just been told shes got a new job over the other side of Scotland (Fife way) so we'll probably be moving in the next few months...

We're currently looking at taking on a renovation project with land and a HUGE barn. there's a garage (of sorts) with a work shop but it's really run down and I wouldnt put anything in it incase it falls down!

god knows what and where I'm gonna put the nova!
    Four poster lift coming up?