Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best place for computer components?

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garethcolley
    scan.co.uk and click on today only. Wait until all the bits you want come up there...takes aboute 2 weeks for everything. Save a fortune!

I'd love to know how that works properly.... unless you get the AVforums free delivery on anything over £20 code, you will be paying a load on delivery costs that way and stuff might not nessecaraly be that much cheaper... some todayonly stuff is barely discounted

but on the flip side, Ive put stuff in my basket on today only and gone back 3 weeks later when its not on today only and still got it for that price :D

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bought all my components from komplett.co.uk and built it. they do pre chosen bundles which obviously require you building it, but work out cheaper and you know everything will be compatible.

Recommend them

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just wait to the local computer fair comes around

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a mixture of Aria, E-buyer, E-bay and Play.com when building mine.

Overclockersuk and scan I found to be pretty expensive on the bit's I was buying.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

novatech. sorry for hi-jacking you thread but my pc takes a good 1-2mins to shut down and i was in a rush yesterday so i clicked it to shut down and left to go to work! came home lastnite and i couldnt turn it on! nothing, changed the power cable and still nuthing? any ideas? im left on this crappy pc that has a screen the size of a 5p! really anoying and cant acces any of my files.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eastbourne racer
    novatech. sorry for hi-jacking you thread but my pc takes a good 1-2mins to shut down and i was in a rush yesterday so i clicked it to shut down and left to go to work! came home lastnite and i couldnt turn it on! nothing, changed the power cable and still nuthing? any ideas? im left on this crappy pc that has a screen the size of a 5p! really anoying and cant acces any of my files.
    If nothing at all's happening, ie no fans spinning up or lights coming on, most likely the powers supply has gone, but if it is it might have taken other components out with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eastbourne racer
    Rebuild time :D

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont say that!! right ive just had the case of and the motherboard led is lighting up? but it will not power up? left it pluged in and on on the back about 2mins later i herd a pop/bang noise went pulled the power cable straight out of the wall and had a look for smoke or something but nothing! man wtfs going on haha

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like psu! the red light on the motherboard will be on because it has a small button battery powering it, so when you turn it off, it doesn't lose the cmos or bios settings.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the red light only turns on when the power is turned on at the back mate. could this be a mother board issue? as you can understand i really need my pc as its how i make my music! ahhhh stressful times