Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: V6 Nova?

Dislikes stupid people
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vectra with supercharger, baxter doesnt finish anything so you can dis-regard that
    Last edited by Philsutton; 17-12-06 at 12:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are definately the best engine VAG have produced so far, the 2.0 varient in the present golf has serious potential. For a start they finally cottoned on to crossflowing . That was the one bain in my **** tuning the old 1.8 GTi lumps, they put everything at the back and then rotated the engine back so it was jammed up against the firewall!!. Suffice to say you didnt want a leaky inlet manifold

db, like phil mentioned, i doubt youd be able to fit a standard looking eaton type blower in there, but you can get superchargers that are no bigger than a turbo which you could ram in somewhere.

TYhen theres always the huge bonnet bulge option, or even the 'last of the V8 interceptors' idea, and just have it sticking through a big hole

Edit: phil, thats the kind i was thinking of, you can get smaller ones can you not?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But i dont think i can really afford to turbo ANY engine, thats why i was going to v6 a nova, for something different, the sound, but mostly the expence.

Also so people can say. ''What engine has that got?'' - and i can say ''2.5 v6'' so then they can say ''WOWWWWW, bet thats amzin bruv safe init mush'' and i can get ''nuff respect!

Na seriously just thought it was something cheap and fun to do really and theres far too many c20xe's i would only ever put one of those in my nova if it could be done in a day for 500 quid or less, far too popular

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a reason for popularity though, bear that in mind. And putting a V6 in wont be cheap compared to an XE!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh i just looked on regal, dont think theres enough room in the bay, too expensive anyway really. If i had the money id love one, but if i had the money i'd rather be the first to do something mad like dual charge a nova.......

Whats a cheap engine to turbocharge anyone? c16se? dont need to lower compression so its a bit easier.....

I think i could afford to c20xe my nova and have a custom tb setup in time, its not going to a quick project anyway, i mean i still havnt got a shell for it yet, im not using my sr or my 1.2 cus there both farely shagged!

Dislikes stupid people
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep there is always the out the bonnet V8 style but it would only work properly if the engine was turned 90 degrees in the bay as it would just look uber gay. You want like this

Also no engine is going to be cheap to turbo properly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO a 'different' project would be a Z20LEH conversion, im pretty sure no ones decided its a viable conversion yet due to the wiring and money involved, but that would be a machine and a half!! It would also get right on Courtenays tits if you turned up with a Nova asking for a VXR remap

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V6 Conversion all the way. Just think about the sound!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Area51Nova
    V6 Conversion all the way. Just think about the sound!
    yeh and then thinking of the handling, I have been speaking to people who own astra 2.5 v6's and they claim ( i'v seen the evdience as well ) of what the torque does to the car. When the acclertate heavily the wings start to flex so if thats on a mk3 that has been strethend imagine what its going to do to a nova

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right mate im not going to pish around hear! **** the V6 idea its just stupid,unless you have loads of money or can do it all your self then bin the idea..

And as for doing something diffrent,theres not much left to do,i think if you tuned a 1.4 on t40's would be more diffrent these days,but then you would get sick of it etc..

If you want a quick powerfull cheap conversion then xe it.
    If you want a turbo conversion then Let it.

If you realy want a blower then have you thought about looking at xe'ing and trying the cooper S charger? a mate of mine was going to get one for me to look into doing this on mine with the TB's but then he got layed of from where he worked so ****ed that idea..

If it was me i would iether spend loads doing a C16xe on tb's or as i have done with mine,or if i did want mega power i would try the z20let or just go c20let.

Scott