Thread: No volume control

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No volume control

Bought a new (second hand) cd player, its an alpine slippy screen one with alpine 6 disk changed, plugged it all into the iso plug today, when cd is playing it only comes out of my 6x9's and there is no volume control simply on or of (0 being off - 1+ being on) but when its on radio all speakers work and and volume control is back, also when cd is playing i can make beeping noises when playing with the controls etc and the bleepy noises come from all speakers and is controlable by volume, so what is it?! Problem with changer???

Any help asap greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think youll find theres a break in the wires somewere. especially if youve just tugged the wires abit to make then reach.
    as for the cd... youll probabley find theres too many volts going to the speakers vai the cd. they will automatically go no higher than 1

hope this helps abit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that the one you have been blapping on about all week. hope you get it working

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol yeh thats the one mate, got it working now, i had no instructions, basically after re wiring it, replacing fuses and stuff i thought, there could be a switch somewhere on the headunit, surely enough there was! switch switched job done!:D