Thread: Nova GTE Project (Need Some Help)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nova GTE Project (Need Some Help)

Hi so i have just bought a nova gte, which to be fair needs a bit of work so looking for some help it has a 2.0 c20xe engine in it with the mark2 gsi clocks. what i need help with i will list below and any input would be greatly appreciated;​​

• What sort of speedo cable do you use? (the cable that is in is to short to reach clocks)
    • The oil light works but the oil gauge doesn't (heard you need a 2 part oil pressure sensor) but what two part oil pressure sensor is it?
    • The car has a fan but is wired up constant what sort of fan do you use and anyone know what extra wiring will be need or diagrams?
    • fuel gauge works but is all over, i presume this will be the sender unit?(is this just an original nova one)

Any help at all will be grateful for thank you.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure the cable is too short? The cable is mega tight to begin with, try disconnected it at the gearbox and sliding it through a bit, connect to the dials and bolt them in, then pull the cable back to the gearbox.
    Its a large sender on the back of the block near the bottom, cambelt end
    The fan system is a simple series circuit, positive > fan > fan switch > ground. Check the fan switch for bodges
    It's could be a loose connection to the fuel sender or the fuel sender itself - beware the GTE/GSi fuel tank senders are different to all other models

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mate it's definitely too short am I right in thinking the speedo cable is just the same as any nova? Thank you for your help and the fan wiring has been bodged should be able to sort it now with the help you just gave me

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The fuel sender does sound like its dodgy, if you fill the tank up does it work okay then start to wander about after a while?

The speedo cable should be okay, try feeding it back through a different way behind the dash as it might need adjusting.

The twin sender for the oil is used also on other gm models, I'll try find a link for the one you need.
    edit on of these:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009...&robot_redir=1

For future reference it's a intermotor 53850.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi southie cheers for the help, a link for the oil sender would be great. And will the fuel sender be a gte one even with the xe conversion thank you
    Last edited by ash199166; 06-08-14 at 07:58 PM.