Thread: Pissed with my A3 2.0 tdi

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pissed with my A3 2.0 tdi

Like many of you my nova is a weekend toy, I had a 320 cd sport BMW for two years with no real problems, I paid £5500 for it and was offered £5000 for it by a friend, so thought I would never get that sort of money for it again so I took it.
    I then went on the hunt for something just to use for work, I started looking as astra SRI cdtddtdddtdi 150
    they looked nice, but I didnt like the drive, I ended up getting a audi a3 2.0 tdi 140 sport.
    Everyone says how much of a good car they are, I guess when you are driving forward they are a nice, they dont pull you about the road like the bmw did, and the seats are really nice as they are heated leather, but thats about it, you cant see s**t out the side or back of them, so changing lanes is s**t if there is lots of traffic, and parking the thing is not as easy as it should have been, ie if you could see.
    But whats even worse, iv had the car about 4 months and this is my list of whats gone wrong with it.
    Wheel bearing
    rear wiper
    drivers door catch
    boot carch
    EGR valve
    Radio
    and now the gear box
    its not even like I drive it like a boy racer, I leave that for the nova. I dont think iv been much over 80 in it and dont pull away that hard. Iv never had a gear box go on me in 14 years of driving and I use to drive like a c**t.

Really p****d off with this car tbh. Wish I had kept the BMW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vwag gear boxes are chocolate mate unless they're the DSG ones

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my mates test drove a heap of new cars last year before he finally bought a merc c class.

the worst in this price bracket was the audi A3. I was with him, the windows are ridiculously unpractically placed, makes you feel claustriphobic. The ride was harsher than my track car, I think it is the most uncomfortable car I have ever been in. He took it back to the dealer after 5 minutes and the dealer agreed, the A3 is a harsh ride. I'd rather a ford and that really says a lot!

Other cars of note was the toyota gt86. I sat in the back for a short while which was managable. It drives and handles superbly, whilst not being superfast it was lively and comfortableand has some character.

He also tested the BMW 1 series coupe, the finish , ride and acceleration just didn't match the mercedes.

There were a number of other unotable cars but I personally can't understand why anyone would buy an A3, I hated every second of being in it, I'm sure loads of folk will now come and disagree with me

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having driven my dads loan A1 for 4 months, i really really don't rate Audi's at all. the A1 is smaller inside than the Nova even tho it's bigger..
    It's driving position is crap, it's got no power, it handles crap, no view front or rear.

I have no clue why people say they are amazing cars.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Having driven my dads loan A1 for 4 months, i really really don't rate Audi's at all. the A1 is smaller inside than the Nova even tho it's bigger..
    It's driving position is crap, it's got no power, it handles crap, no view front or rear.

I have no clue why people say they are amazing cars.
    You sure it wasn't this you were in Benn

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The car is nice to drive when you dont have to worry about anyone else on the road.
    But Im really not happy with the car, only good thing is its amazing what you can get in the back of it when the seats are down. My bmw was **** for that.

I just called a VAG guy and he said that the 6 speed boxes are rubbish and always go wrong. I hope the warranty pay out for it, I think i'll drive it until that runs out and then sell it.
    I have even been thinking of getting a old fiesta or something to use as a day to day car. Wish I still have my beamer now.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You always have to worry, there's always a bigger car out there to smash yours too bits.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like my a6 but it is a 1.9 tdi bomb proof pd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never much liked my dad's old 2002 8L S3, the ride on that was qute harsh and it didn't feel that planted on corners... although thats comparing it to my GT4. He's got a 2011 8P now though, haven't driven that yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you didn't read any reviews of A3 TDi Sports before you purchased then the sports are not noted for being brilliant this is why I bought a B7 A4.... other then the common 1st to 2nd gear crunch when engine is cold (on a 6 speed box) Ive done just over 20k miles/9months with no issues.