Cheers

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a wee little update
    Well been meaning to drill the holes,for the electric windows and central locking,so went in the garage to tackle it,opened the door and got a strong smell of petrol,no drips or stains on the floor was puzzling me,so thought I would roll the car outside for more light,all four brakes had seized on grrrrr,think its to do with my bias pedal box,which might get rid of now,as no matter what way I adjust it,either the fronts lock on or the backs,anyway put it on axle stands and took all the pads out,saves messing around,thinking of ditching the rear disc setup too now,foun the petrol leak one of the unions was loose on the fuel rail,tightened that up and checked all the others all sorted,then I thought I am not taking the doors off to drill the holes,decided to take the wings off,unbolted them all,but the guy who painted the car has used some super sonic sealant on the wings,the just won't budge,after a few swear words and caught my finger and was getting pead off,decided to leave it as that,as would of ended up doing a merris on the car

So that's all at the mo,hopefully get some more time on the car over the next few weeks

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update time

Well it's been a while since my last update,have t really been bothered about the car really,but the main thing was the electric window loom needed feeding through the door properly,so off came the wing finally with a lot of swearing and that,it finally came off,so drilled the hole for it with me step drill bit,found some cable ducting so it s abit more protected,,left the wing off for now,as wanna paint all behind it and the rest of the inner arch,also took the cmbelt cover off,put the battery I charged up on,then let the engine spin over till oil pressure light went off,which it did so happy with that,so will tackle the over side of the electric window loom next time,as couldn't be bothered to push the car out and over to one side for more room

Still debating if to loose the rest disc conversion,also sort the brake leak out,might even see if I can get the base map loaded on

Here's a few pics nothing special

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been a while since I updated last time

Well as you know I had a little fire problem,last time I was done the garage,well decided to leave the car for abit,just to clear my head from things with it,

So been was thinking in the week about the poor little nova,so I decided I would go done there for a few hours today,see if I can solve the problem,was hunting around the garage for some thick wire,so I can make a new earth wire from the battery

After a hour of going through my storage boxes and cupboards,came across my old car audio power and earth wires,which are on for what I needed them for,so measured the lengths I needed and cut and put new ends on them,also decided to make another one up from the gearbox to the chassis,just to make sure it's all earthed properly,up m battery on and it cranked over without a fuss,so no starter motor needed now,saves me abit of money which is a bonus

Hopefully will try get done there this weekend,as wont get a lot of time,as me and the missus are expecting are baby this month

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should of said, i have cable here i used to make my battery lines up. Could of made you one and sent it over...
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Benn;2132382]Should of said, i have cable here i used to make my battery lines up. Could of made you one and sent it over...[/QUOTE

I didn't know you made them up mate,I've only roughly done mine,using 0 gauge wiring from the battery now

How you getting on with yours mate,you sorted the shaft problem,hope you have

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's been a while

No much of a update really,car is still in the same place and same state, it was left in since last time
    Well hopefully will be cracking on with it soon,as lost a lot if interest in it( well cars altogether),now starting to get the bug back again,so hopefully be some work done on it soon

Cheers

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good about time.. Crack on dude, will be a lovely car when done.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Good about time.. Crack on dude, will be a lovely car when done.
    It is about time ,last year was a tough year,due to work and money,plus really lost interest in to big time
    nearly let it go for silly money,but just couldn't do it mate,hopefully get it down to my mates new workshop to get cracking back on with it,thanks for the comment benn

cheers