Thread: Fully restored nova

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fully restored nova

I've not long finished this but I've decided to go traveling and it must go, I've owned this car for just under a year and in that time I've given it a complete bare shell restoration with pictures to prove it. This hasn't been a garage next to the house job, im a professional car painter so it's been done right. The car was stripped right down to a shell an put onto a spit where it was then glass blasted and the underneath was then re coated with an etch primer then an industrial mastic with 2 coats of lacquer for extra protection.
    It has been seam welded and a strengthening kit welded into the engine bay. It has had 2 new back arches and 2 doors. That's just the shell, it has had a complete front end poly bush kit with EVERYTHING glass blasted and re coated with etch/undercoat/top coat. It has coilovers (the make I can't remember but were brand new) it has vectra v6 calipers with 288mm drilled and grooved discs, its stting on re-furbished speedlines runnin on 195/45 yokohama tyres (only done 600miles)
    The engine is the later 2.0 16v redtop with the coilpack, we think the engine has done about 89,000 but might be slightly more or slightly less. Its using a f18 gearbox. Before it went in it got a new timing belt and tensioners, new crank shaft seal and rocker cover gasket and the dreaded sump gasket and obviously had a full service. It has the normal power cap mod and is currently blowing through a full stainless powerflow with a 3 1/2" tailpipe.
    The interior is pretty much original apart from its for mitsubishi evo 8 front seats as being a rather talll person the standard Gsi seats wern't an option. it has a black roof lining which I made myself out of alacantra. It has and aftermarket toad alarm with central locking apart from the boot.
    With any car there is a couple of bad bits, there's a slight hand dent in the front of the bonnet caused by me trying to open the bonnet but it isn't obvious, there's a couple of bubbles in the stickers and the drivers window is slightly slow coming down.
    It is / was a genuine Gsi but obviously now because of the different engine it isn't as such. Anybody that has a look at this car will not be disapointed and I welcome any sort of inspection.
    I am located in Shetland but don't let that put you off as in my opinion it's worth the travel and I can travel with the car at a cost.

£4200 I think the condition reflects in the price

Michael

I have loads more pictures so if anyone is GENUINELY interested give me a shout.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm open to offers.

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread pruned (again) if you want to comment on how nice this car is, then please pm/email/ring the owner to tell them, if youre interested in buying the car, then feel free to reply.

You all know the rules, so BEHAVE.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relisted on eBay.. Has to go.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sold (to me)

Senior User Club Member scorge01's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice buy mate where in scotland you from?