Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 377

Thread: New Project - Nova Saloon Smoker

  1. #1
    Senior User Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    6,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default New Project - Nova Saloon Smoker

    Recently purchased this from Jamie 16v off here on a bit of an impulse buy.Gonna use it as an everyday smoker to keep the miles of the S2000


    There is another project thread on here somewhere when it was purchased and subsequently painted in this delightful beige colour!

    Pics before:





    Pics when I bought it:





    He had fitted new GM rear quarters for no reason, – as they were very good beforehand. Not that I am complaining, this genuine 29000 mile shell is a REALLY good one! No rust to be found anywhere which is nice.

    The beige isn’t a bad job either, although the doors are a slightly different shade, not that I’m bothered as its going in for a re spray in a few weeks to get the colour sorted out.

    Engine bay welding is its show piece though – really, really good stitch weld and HH plate kit fitting job indeed. I don’t have any pics though just now!

    Engine is also fitted very well, brand new fitting kit and shafts etc and runs spot on – although I discovered that there is THE BIGGEST oil leak in the world and it cant be driven until its sorted – looks like rear crank seal! Not the nicest job, but have a genuine one to go on this week…

    Anyway – onto this weekends work…

    This is what I needed to do firstly – fit Bilstein B10 tarmac suspension and fit poly bushes throughout…





    Didn’t take long…





    Then fitted Corsa B Epas… Works very well and have fitted on-dash adjustment for when I feel really girly! Lol




    Purchased an early SR brown interior, with dash, seats and door cards and early orange clocks….But realised that the rear seats are totally different, so it was off to a local retrimmer to get the rear seats professionally retrimmed in the SR fabric – he also repaired the bolster which had JUST worn through…




    Found some Infinity speakers from a project about 10 years ago that fit snugly into the original mounting points…



    Dash in…. with clocks - cowling wasnt easy - so I just hacked it to get it on - I will sort this out next week...



    Rear seats…. And fitted, with door cards



    Front wheels trial fitted… well I had to !



    All that’s left is to fit the front seats, rear shocks, sort oil leak out and get it to the paint shop! (and get it MOT’d)

    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Senior User Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    11,892
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    are you not keeping it in the creamy colour? Looks awesome though, especially with the ronals

  3. #3
    Senior User Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    6,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MK999
    are you not keeping it in the creamy colour? Looks awesome though, especially with the ronals
    Yeah -it goes with the brown interior!

  4. #4
    Banned let_nova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    argyll---drives:see SIG----
    Posts
    10,435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    looks mint i was seriously intrested in this.

    sell me ronals

  5. #5
    Senior User SRimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Plymouth, Devon Drives: VX220
    Posts
    3,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Awesome Will!

  6. #6
    Club Member Club Member comptoncj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Biggleswade Builds: Flame red GSI
    Posts
    1,828
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will keep watching this one, love the Ronal Ts :P and the brown interior
    H27 ODW nova GSI
    B333XYP nova hutchinsons cabriolet

  7. #7
    Senior User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Telford, Shropshire, Drives 325i... Sideways
    Posts
    3,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Awesome project, love the colour and the rims

  8. #8
    Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Fareham, Hampshire
    Posts
    23,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ah the "run around i wont be doing anything too" Looks awesome.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

  9. #9
    Club Member Club Member peester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    staffordshire
    Posts
    5,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tis a find that.. nice one
    "let me drive.. i won't make a fool out of you"

  10. #10
    Senior User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very nice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •