Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova track day build history (56k warning)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The oil cooler sat perfect with the front bumper fitted. And things started to look good.

With everything getting close to the big startup date a gearshifter was neeeded. The normal linkage was crap. But Mr cp (rifle range motorsport) managed to come up with a direct linkage to the gearbox. More direct and much better gear change this way. The shifter was made from a cav shifter housing and a few extra bits. the pivot has to be reversed which meant i could just fit the shifter straight up.

Thanks to cp the troublesome gear linkage was sorted.
    Last edited by nova---chris; 20-12-06 at 07:39 AM.
    Nova---less

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheels were needed next. Bigruss came to the rescue and flogged me some of his RL7's . Cheers big man. I got them powder coated up and coverd with Eagle f1 rubber.

The front gsi bumper was fitted and the standard mk2 rear. Both were put on quick release pins and dezus fastners. Just to make life easier if they ever need to be removed. The wheels were fitted to the car and the car then had its first clean of for months !
    Manta mirrrors were purchased from A. Bishop which were a huge improvement on the dtm cups i had.
    And k7 racing leads were purchased. i think there 10mm leads ' good stuff!
    Also sourced a matching bailey catch tank to make things look nicer.

Came up well after a good clean up. Starting to look the part slowly but surely.!
    Last edited by nova---chris; 20-12-06 at 07:50 AM.
    Nova---less

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has for the interior. well what interior. !
    Not much to say. No heater / no carpet / no rooflining / no rear seats.
    ALtho i did purchase 2 corbeau revolution buckets for the front

Sparco steering wheel with a spacer to bring it away from the dash were purchased. And that was really it for the interior
    Last edited by nova---chris; 20-12-06 at 04:13 PM.
    Nova---less

Stafford.........Drives : Audi A4 + NOS Nova GT'XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome Chris, i'll have to pop round when its done if you don't mind...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great car. Some serious mods & it looks dashing too (thats not what its about however). Have you had it running & got power graph yet?

Sorry, need to get milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely thorough build.... rep points coming your way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So by this point im starting to get itchy knackers. i want to start it. ect ect. After making sure all the oil / water levels were fine i consulted stu on the map to make sure it would ok to be started on it. We were happy it was ok so time to get it started . Then problems struck. A real bad oil leak. Turned out it was the oil pump. Seems it had warped or the sealing surface was knackerd. so changed that and put it back together again! ! Oh the pain!

Anyhow once we got it going again holy feck did it sound rather slutty. Real nice raw sounding. Bought a smile after months of winter graft and problems. But the car ran like a pig ' was in need of a proper map ect. but i was over the moon that my work was actually working!

The next part was find a rolling road and get it booked it. More fun was to follow on this trip !
    After a bit of looking about Jam sport of northants was reccomended. So after a few calls it was all booked in. The car had only had a few miles put on it but was so much in need of a map we decided to cut the run in a bit short and get it down there. The drive down to northants was the first real test for the car. And it seemed to go down well. Once we got there met up with the owner 'jamie' And another jamsport worker 'Mark broster' 2 great guys and know what there on about. ANyhow let the games commence. Jamie started running the car up ' full map from scratch ' But after a few hours a oil leak became apparant. Then it spilt its guts all over jams rollers (oh dear) I thought here we go.! After inspecting seemed the sump bolts had undone themselves (probably due to being brand new and the engine doing very few miles) no chance to scrutineer it. Anyhow after all the problems id have previously i decided to leave it with jam for them to sort in there own time. Just made no sense taking it home to bring back another day.
    Last edited by nova---chris; 20-12-06 at 04:24 PM.
    Nova---less

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome thread this, awesome car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyhow after mucho scratching my bollocks and head i got a call from mark telling me the car had been repaired and fully mapped. ecu updated ect . Thank the lord!

While it was there we had the full map ' diff carrier replaced ' gearbox oil replaced with some proper spec oil for the plate diff' sump gaskets replaced and some other bits. the next question of course. what power has it made.

the result was

214bhp @ 6618 rpm / 173lb ft torque . I was quite happy tbh. It was quite a gain on the carbs i previously had. But then some bad news came as i noted earlier in the thread. I left the cream injectors on ' Forgot to replace with my yellows. The creams had reached there cycle during mapping so timing was backed of a bit . if id been using yellows we could have expected around 225 to 230bhp. But these things come to try ya. I could have cried. But on the other hand i was happy it was sorted and it drove totally mad on the way home. Couldnt resist the odd blip up the motorway.

Anyone needing a RR session or mapping i highly reccomend these guys. No bull**** talk ect. Just down to earth. So if you like dreaming not the place for ya
    Last edited by nova---chris; 20-12-06 at 04:48 PM.
    Nova---less

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with engine purring and the car all in 1 peice i was a happy chappy. Well not quite. 215bhp these days is small compared to many let owners. (striaght line quarters) On a track im sure ill be happy to give away alot of bhp and still be there or there abouts. But purely for the odd quarter mile i fancied a bit of extra Hump! Sooooo!!!!! along came

One wizards of noz nitrous kit. with minimax controller /
    11/ Lb Polished bottle with valve and pressure gauge/ all the lines and fittings/ jets / ect. everything to make it work. The kit is not yet currently fitted due to winter months and xmas being imminent. But after xmas it should be fitted and ready to use hopefully.
    Hoping to use 100bhp shot but depends on a few things. Need to get the local nitrous expert over to sort it out aka chip! FOr anyone thinking of buying a kit. check out wizards of noz web forum. ! very helpfull!
    Last edited by nova---chris; 20-12-06 at 04:46 PM.
    Nova---less