Thread: GM F28 standard differential

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default GM F28 standard differential

Hi, have recently had my F28 gearbox rebuilt and replaced the old standard 4x4 differential with a Quaiff LSD, and so am looking to sell my old, standard differential.

The standard F28 differential I have listed here comes with diff bearings (though the buyer might want to have these replaced, as I have no idea how many miles and what sort of wear and tear the bearings have undergone, as I bought the gearbox without having driven it). It also comes with the original GM blue (6 speed) speedo ring.

Unfortunately I do not know how many miles (and what sort of miles) the gearbox has done, though gauging from the looks of it, and that the engineer who stripped and rebuilt the gearbox didn't suggest there was anything wrong with it, I have no reason to think that is not in good working order.

I'm not sure what sort of interest this might generate, as most people look to replace the standard differentials in these gearboxes with Quaiff LSDs when they rebuild or are having parts replaced, but just thought I would put it out there anyway.

Not sure on price, but if genuinely interested, or have any questions, then by all means fire away.

Best,
    Tony

Last edited by HouseAtreides; 03-06-15 at 07:13 PM.