Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inth' Garage

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers stee I was unsure on the colour but everyone seems to like it. its similar to breeze blue I think. but its actually a tractor colour.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, glad to see your uploading it to here, it's inspiring to see some good builds going on, as it keeps others like my self motivated..

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defantly keeps me going looking at other build

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scott.parker View Post
    Nice, glad to see your uploading it to here, it's inspiring to see some good builds going on, as it keeps others like my self motivated..
    cheers Scott I've bean meaning to do a projects thread on here for ages, only just getting around to it though. its nice to hear my project is giving others motivation, I've read many of the projects threads on here and it keeps you going doesn't it.

around the same time as primering the engine bay I red oxide and seem sealed the inner arches.

I bought a new schultz gun off ebay and stone chipped the arches.

after this the car was ready for another couple of coats of high build primer, so I set to making my own soray booth 4 packs of disposable dust cheets and 400 drawing pins later we had this, worked really well tbf.

the day finally came for paint..

I then moved it to the other part of the garage.

and began work on the doors and tailgate, got my little lad helping out in the garage.. gotta start em young!!

panels hung and etch primed.

hi build primer.

and paint.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fitting the headlining back in wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

then painted the inner arches.

painted the door catches as they were looking a bit rough.

then painted the window trims as these also looked scruffy.

jet washed and scrubbed the carpet with 1001 carpet cleaner, came out really nice considering how dirty it was.

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that colour is awesome dude, how many coats did you get on it? Looks a good finish for diy I'm impressed..

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scott.parker View Post
    Wow that colour is awesome dude, how many coats did you get on it? Looks a good finish for diy I'm impressed..
    sorry must of missed your question scott.

cheers mate for the nice comments, I gave it 4 coats of paint then flatted with 2000 and then buffed up. I've painted quite a few things in the past but never flatted and polished, it certainly makes a big difference to the finish, its not 100% tbh but I'm pretty happy with it. I'm tempted to do the roof again before its on the road next year.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so this will bring me pretty much where im up to,
    same as the front inner arches i began to clean the original sealer and the old guys underseal off.
    wire wheeled then kurust any slightly rusty bits.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then red oxide

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

works computer wont let me post more than 1 image at a time..

so once the red oxide was dry i seem sealed all the grommets in the floor and all the seems, going to give it a few days then go over them again as it seems to shrink as it dries.

thats pretty much where im up to with it now.

i began stripping and cleaning up the axel whilst im waiting for the sealer to dry, had a morning at the local scrap yard on wednesday with my old man, got a cavalier rear anti roll bar, hopefully will get it and the axel sand blasted and powder coated in the next couple of weeks.