Thread: Head Trouble

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Head Trouble

Well i have had me 1.3 SR sat on my drive after it just instantly broke down, after taking the rocker cover off it appeared to be a broken rocker, nothing major(so i thought). Well today me dad came over with a tool and extracted the rocker only to find the valve had snapped, yes snapped :o. This is the 3rd time that i have had trouble of this kind (rocker/valve related), should i get another head or have a go at fixing this again or am i pissing in the wind with this option? Or shall i save me pennies and get a blydenstien head?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has it damaged the head at all?? You could try getting new valves and new cam.

Or put a bigger lump in (but i'm sure thats not what you wanted to hear!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u snapped the valve and the end has dropped in the cylinder while driving your piston head and cylinder wall would be fucked..... new engine i reckon....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had same prob turned key and it went ban X 4 then just turned over thats it so stripped her and 4 rockers had snapped and bent 4 inlet valves so cleaned all pistons had skimmed re faced new rockers valves etc and what had happend was a lifter had got stuck or sumet and it snapped a follower causin a knock on effect.

Dnt suppose u messed with the cam belt did ya

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no damage to the pistons or the head it appears, the head was rebuilt a month or so prior to this happening due to the head gasket failing, it was all timed up correctly and can't see why this happened