Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nova Rally Car Re-shell Project

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome stuff. My budget doesnt allow for anything other than parts tbh so im doing all the work myself. I used to be a welder/fabricator so im pretty comfortable with that side of things. For anything involving folding/pressing etc there is a fab shop near my house that seems to be pretty friendly although they havent done any work for me yet.

I was wondering about the gearbox tunnel that hey cut out and replaced with a new piece of sheet metal. Do you happen to know what thickness they used?

I am looking to reinfoce my tunnel also but dont fancy the amount of work involed in bending and fitting a new channel.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few more added Tom,

Not sure on thickness tbh possibly 1.5mm but I'm sure Paul will help you out on that score if you contact him via FB, we didn't fancy attaching seat rails to the standard tunnel as it's approx 0.6 - 0.8mm and in our opinion not substantial enough in a crash/roll.
    Last edited by Slippy; 17-10-13 at 12:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just browsed the whole gallery on Facebook, wow the work that is going into that shell is fantastic. All so well thought out and designed and executed.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a place for everything and everything in its place! definitely one of my favourite builds, so neat and tidy, it will be a credit to yourself and swan AVO when its built.
    keep the updates coming!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, seeing how far up you've fitted the unions for your heater makes me wonder, im quite sure your man knows what hes up to but are they maybe a bit high? both in terms of not wanting to have them higher than the header tank and also in terms of access to them later, as ive had to get into some just last week and they were behind lots of wiring etc and it was just a nightmare. take care when piping the heater too, if youre using the common type the fittings aren't great, they could do with being longer to make it easier for a jubilee to grip, and ive seen one come off in the past.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Kenny, we are running a micro heater http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motors...tweight-heater to save weight as the standard ones, as you know are uneccesarily large and unsightly

It will be ducted to the screen and side windows, I experienced a misted screen during an event up on Otterburn and it's scary ****......

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Just browsed the whole gallery on Facebook, wow the work that is going into that shell is fantastic. All so well thought out and designed and executed.
    Like I said I'm the tea boy and gopher. Dying to see it in paint then we can bolt all the new and refurbed bits on to it

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's the kind im talking about, take care when piping it up, its not fun when the nav is reading notes with his feet on the dash and the footwells are full of water haha. ive been looking for better fittings to use with mine but not seen any yet.

not trying to pick fault, the car is lovely and very clever in places
    Last edited by kenny_afh; 17-10-13 at 07:57 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No sweat mate I have to admit I checked with the AVO lads as soon as I saw your posts but no dramas it had been thought out.

I see your in Oban I was up that way a month or so back could have kicked your tyres

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTTT

Getting there now it seems, so close yet so far as there a million and one 'little' jobs to do

https://www.facebook.com/Swan-AVO-19...99179113498562

Please like the page if you approve
    Last edited by Slippy; 09-07-16 at 06:54 PM.