Thread: what mods needed for 16s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what mods needed for 16s

My nova SRi is lowered 40mm with the standard wheels, I have on order some 16" wheels with offset 45. What mods will i need to do to get them to fit nicley and without rubbing and so it looks mental with. I like the look with the rear wheel slightly under the rear arch.

Also what rear difusers are available for novas. I heard u can jus get a rear spoiler and turn it upside down. It has to be big enough to rest a 5 and a half rear back box.

cheers.
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be wise to get the inner lip of your arches ground off. It shouldn't cost a lot at a bodyshop, just make sure they coat where they used the grinder with some kind of Anti rust treatment. Other than that you should be fine.

As for splitters, theres plenty out there. You could try one of the Seat splitters. You will have to cut a section out to make way for your exhaust though. Keep your eyes open and if you see a car with a splitter that you think will suit the rear bumper give it a try.

Jim

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you go for 195/40/16's you wont need to lose much of the arch lip with that offset.
    But they are more pricey than the 195/45/16's but you will lose more arch.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done on buying 45 offset

buying between 45 and 49 will help any problems in the long run, you may not need many mods but as slim said it may be wise to do a bit of work even if they are ok because you never know you may sh@g a fat bird by mistake one night or summat

serious if u got a car ful and luggae or summat too..............