Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: smoothing bumpers into wings

Moo Motorsport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FG paste is too rigid an will eventually crack as there is no movement in the product. Then again, if your not ****d and you have advised him against it... get him to sign a disclaimer

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id never use sikaflex and filler together, sikaflex has movement in it where as filler or fibreglass paste hasnt where you bond the item with the sikaflex or other bond any flex in the shell the bumper or whatever you bonded will move but the filler wont want to and it will crack wont last 5 mins if it was fibreglassed on instead of bonded there is less chance of it cracking, i know the bumpers will crack anyway but if your going to bond something on then smooth it in, ie sirts or a bonnet vent for example use fibreglass paste to bond it on then smooth in with as little filler as you can

Moo Motorsport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is why flexible filler was introduced, for bumper repairs. Serisouly its like plastic which can be bend in half and still not crack.

I'ts used on bumpers for that reason, as they tend to flex so this compined with plasticezer which is mixed with the paint gives more flexibility. I reckon you could do this without it cracking if you spend a little bit of time reading up one some more expensive products which are out there.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea it can e done im tryin to get hold of my mate he works for ab styling hes got countless feature cars to his name hes theyre top bodywork guy, he taught me most of what i know but i cant get hold of him haha