Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And all wanted was a new tire...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by L14MNP
    VR6 dude?

There's a white one around here with mk4 golf headlamps, looks Ok TBH!

Also seen a red VR6 on venoms Kinda suit the age of the car though!
    Nope, she was only a 2.0 GL, but with the TSR pack C head and Schrick camshaft, it was no slouch. Only had it for 8 months. I do miss it

Senior User
    Yeovil, Zummerzet Fixing: 1650 Sport Wants: A 1.6 8v supercharged
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've had such a nightmare with tyreshops, took a huge chunk out of one of my old wheels but didnt find out till the MOT later that year, and when i had my new wheels fitted :embrassed: they drove it out with the brand new tyres rubbing (and bending) the arch. Couldn't do anything at the time as... well its a very long store, basically i now take my wheels off and drive down in dads trany vansit.

btw for vento lovers, here my mates:

http://www.no-rice.com/forum/index.php?p=vt&tid=16752

Ash

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a look at the sideskirts before you go and see if there are any marks corresponding to jack/skirt interface.

Get pictures and measurments and then hopefully they will tie in to one of the jacks on their depot floor.

Present them with the evidence and then ask them to reconsider the "wasn't responsible" statement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just get my mate to do all my tyres he is a mobile fitter so comes to us, Saves so much hassle.

Its the tits!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, no luck. There is a slight Jack mark at the bottom of the skirt, but i still cant proove anything. I gess ya just gotta lern from ya mistakes... like he will

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too would do as others have said, remove the wheels and take them down, or if you have to take the car stay with it.

IMO tyre fitters are only failed mechanics anyway getting paid minimum wage, why should they care?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was it a brand names garage (eg kwik fit)? If so you may have a good case as most "reputable" brand based garages have complaints/compensation systems set up. Ask for the head office address and the name of the monkey that worked on the car along with the garage managers name. Stick it in writing to the head office along with photos and times/dates the work was done as well as copies of the invoices and advise youve copied in trading standards.

See if that will shift them. If they damage your car their insurance should cover it.

All its gonna cost you is a stamp

Sorry, need to get milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ade
    was it a brand names garage (eg kwik fit)? If so you may have a good case as most "reputable" brand based garages have complaints/compensation systems set up. Ask for the head office address and the name of the monkey that worked on the car along with the garage managers name. Stick it in writing to the head office along with photos and times/dates the work was done as well as copies of the invoices and advise youve copied in trading standards.

See if that will shift them. If they damage your car their insurance should cover it.

All its gonna cost you is a stamp
    Its worth a punt

Its the tits!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a ce-tires garage, i supose thats a "brand name" garage. ill get on the case. To be honest i would rather they paid for it then me ill report back!
    thanx