Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: trick little touches

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC pre-April '86 can get away without side repeaters.

Loving the Cav dials and tweeters in the B pillars though, fantastic touches

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would give you a sore head after awile tho would it not,tweeters right beside your ears? , Some nice little touches in there!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dergnova
    Would give you a sore head after awile tho would it not,tweeters right beside your ears? , Some nice little touches in there!
    I thought they would but made it all sound so much better as they weren't drowned out by road noise and sub, just a case of getting all the levels right.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cav dials definately look good

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cornish
    Smoothed the recess on my GSi front bumper, can't say i've seen it done before...

Now That is Trick !

Any pics on the car yet ?

Shame you didn't get the towing eye on the rear bumper done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure about the golf headlights - novas a boxy things so need boxy looking lights - round ones look a little odd. Then again I suppose anything different makes you look twice - which is a good thing I suppose - gets you noticed...

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peester
    this was something i was going to do to my old gsi, but never got round to it so not sure if it works - i might miss something really obvious..
    Go and buy off ebay.de or f.a.o any members on here off the continent a left-hand-drive nova rear tailight drivers' side - so your uk model has a matching pair of rear fog lights and no reverse light basically. Don't need reverse lights for mot...

Splice some new wiring into the top/stop and tail live wire on both lights and join the other part of the new wiring into the fog light position on both lights. Change the 21w fog light bulbs for 5w/21w stop and tail bulbs and.. hey presto a) You got better looking matching lights (simply tint the amber indicators red for an all red-euro look, or black or leave as is) and b) When u switch ur sidelights on and/or brake u get x4 lights come on - gotta look better than 2?!

btw- can't photoshop 'lights on' well i can't.. so cannot get an idea of what that'd look like. If anyone wants a lil wiring diagram, no prob - ill draw one up.
    ive went the other way...ive got 2 white reversin lights(R/H/S light out of spanish corsa a)...dunno wat to do about a fog tho..prob jus fire on some gay lookin thing for MOT

ive been rakin my brain for other wee touches...mabie some will apper on this thread :D

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the tweeter idea, wear did you run the feed from ? standard wire from head unit ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doherty
    ive went the other way...ive got 2 white reversin lights(R/H/S light out of spanish corsa a)...dunno wat to do about a fog tho..prob jus fire on some gay lookin thing for MOT

ive been rakin my brain for other wee touches...mabie some will apper on this thread :D
    Use the twin reverse clusters, but put an LED bulb in for the foglight; or, if you convert to twin fog to avoid MOT issues, use two LED bulbs.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had twin euro lights on my Nova and had them wired up so the top were side lights and the bottom were brake. Had the fogs wired so they came on at the top and never had any problems come MOT time!!