Thread: The old steering rack on it's way out!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The old steering rack on it's way out!

One track rod end won't move and the rack is a bit clunky!
    (can't get trracking 100% any more now either!)

So feel is time to junk it for something new! Prob is I know nothing about em, or where to look for uprated/better faster etc.....

I live in MK home of the roundabout (lost of fun, every day and track day etc....!) so need domething very durable, quick and problem free!

Any ideas peeps!

Plus have real loud knocking when hit even little pot holes/ joins in road. Changed suspension kit again (last one just 18months old!) Koni -60mm kit springs & shocks but no diffencen made.
    What else could have gone!
    Did notice little ball barings farly F**Ked on top mounts but dont see how they dampen ride as they spin around not go up and down!

Answers on a post plz!!!!

Cheers

ED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its 60mm did you cut the bump stops down?

If not then the suspension top is hitting the underside of the mounts making a loud bang.

As for steering rack - just get a direct replacement - theres no power steering ones for a Nova. you could try a quick rack but you need to crack open the old steering and replace the rack and pinion inside with quick one...

Dunno how easy this is.

Try speaking to Will F or Ben, they usually have loads of Novas in scrap with spare racks.

Ade
    :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick Rack

yes mate i would recomend getting the quick rack and pinion you can buy it from harry hockley - 01686 628594, it isnt too hard to fit into the rack case and it is well worth it