Thread: silk violet gsi

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default silk violet gsi

Have a 1991 silk violet gsi nova but the shell is pretty rotten so iv the chassis plates and book for sale if anyone is interested? I'm in ireland but the car was bought in from England with a redtop in it so it was registered in Ireland as a 2litre so the book says vauxhall other but I'm sure if your putting it back to UK plates you'd be able to change it back to 1.6 gsi......... Open to offers thanks

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesn't bother me pal, but im sure a few may get on to you as this is illegal and called ringing!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't think this would be illegal?? Like the car is in my own name and the shell is pretty bad and maybe beyond repair so it's basically just like re-shelling the car, no?? Iv got another much cleaner shell to continue my project so this old shell will either be sold as is or scrapped once I sell the plates and book.........

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not sell the shell with the plates? I'm sure someone would want to save a silk violet.

Club Member Club Member dgbnova#1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is basicly ringing the shell your putting the identity if one car into another and when you say it's rusty one mans rust is another mans project some one may take it on

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love a reshell

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iv offered to give the shell away and got loads of interest but typically nobody has come to take it, I'd love to see the car being saved but it's only getting worse sitting outside my house even though I have a good cover on it!! I have it completely stripped to get shot blasted but when we had it on the spit I really seen how bad it was...... Tis a pity!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I sold my nova I bought a Mini 1275GT and going on the mini forums you'll soon find threads and threads talking about issues of re-shelling and logbook sales. Also sales of logbooks on eBay are usually always taken down (when discovered) and this is something the DVLA are starting to get very hot on and can (at worst) lead to a crushed car.

When you get down to it the reason you can have trouble is that it gives the potential to steal someone else's car, put the new logbook on and sell it on or export it. This might not be very common in the nova scene but with classic minis it does occur quite often (if not stripped and sold for parts), if you look at the thefts section on say theminiforum it's shocking how many members start a 'look out for' thread.

Club Member Club Member novalew's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't suppose that the rear chassis rails are any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    yup, vauxhall nova, the automotive equivalent of herpes... The symptoms may come & go, but the disease is permanent
    my project thread