Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to forum. Nova redtop

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my days, just realised lowering springs have been put on the standard struts
    Who thought this would be a good idea with an xe lump in lmao proper cowboys job, good job im going to be getting full coilovers. No wonder the ride is bumpy as fook and way too low on the front .

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's my ex wife's old car. Was stills 1.4 when we had it it had only just had full paintjob and the gsi kit just before I bought her it. Lad round corner got off her when we parted. He xe,d it badly. Wiring was a mess. It changed hands local few times then went up scotlandand seemed to be for sale every other month on gumtree. Looked at it at Pvs this year and it looks to be a different xe now and resprayed again. Too

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by letvalva View Post
    That's my ex wife's old car. Was stills 1.4 when we had it it had only just had full paintjob and the gsi kit just before I bought her it. Lad round corner got off her when we parted. He xe,d it badly. Wiring was a mess. It changed hands local few times then went up scotlandand seemed to be for sale every other month on gumtree. Looked at it at Pvs this year and it looks to be a different xe now and resprayed again. Too
    Yeah apart from the 2 patches that need welding the shell is ok, but as you said the wiring is a complete mess i have spent quite a few hours trying to sort it all out. It's a shame what some people do to these cars it's not hard to do a neat job of wiring .
    Don't worry it wont be going anywere for a while now, its had 15 owners before me so has been passed around quite a bit.
    Planning on doing a bare shell clean up and respray at a later date and might get a uncut loom for the engine and dash so i can do it all properly.
    The paint job that's been done on it since isn't the best and has a few runs and orange peel so it will be getting 2000 wet sanded down and buffed up with g3 compound.

At least the one good thing is the engine is solid and runs bang on

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye the paint job when we had it was a better. Cos lad that done it all worked in body shop. Sun roof used to leak like **** too but apart from that it was a really good car.The 1400. That was in it was a lively little thing used to go to limiter in 5th easy

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been trying to work out why the central locking wasn't working today, and i could also hear a buzzing sound for a few seconds while ignition was off.
    I traced the buzzing to the passenger foot well and found the central locking relay which was red hot and hissing when i moved it, i managed to get it off and it was full of water. This could be the problem for the battery draining over night aswell as it was trying to engage the central locking but just shorting out im lucky it didn't set off fire.
    While i was in the footwell i noticed another patch that will need welding in.
    I also fitted some corsa indicator and wiper stalks

Pic of the relay you can see the water damage, anyone know where i can get one?

And here are a few pics of my 2 joys in life , was dark but will get better pics when its day time

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorted out the central locking today, managed to get a relay from a guy on here can't remember what he said his user name is but he has a red k reg nova and a corsa with a c20let running 600bhp
    Put the new relay in and still not working so i investigated, turned out some idiot had chopped the passenger door solenoid wires *DOH* im thinking because the relay was full of water and shorting out it must of kept opening and un opening the door why they didn't just take the relay off i do not know .

Took a few pics in daylight today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was mine.It had full gmax setup.needed more then 2 patches of welding. the wireing was mint and clean.the lad i sold it to must have messed about with it all.he did say he was going to strip it down and repaint it.

more pics here

http://s339.photobucket.com/user/Gib...l%20nova%20sri

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone loves a drop of snow foam... Looks nice. I'd put a cam belt cover on tho...
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    This was mine.It had full gmax setup.needed more then 2 patches of welding. the wireing was mint and clean.the lad i sold it to must have messed about with it all.he did say he was going to strip it down and repaint it.

more pics here

http://s339.photobucket.com/user/Gib...l%20nova%20sri
    Yeah after having a good look round it needs footwells welding aswell as the 2 patches i found, will be getting done over the weekend.
    Has had a respray so yeah they must of proper messed the wiring up

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Everyone loves a drop of snow foam... Looks nice. I'd put a cam belt cover on tho...
    Something i have on my list :D