Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sony headunit issue!!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just re read this, the amp is going into protection, basically your running it to hard, headunits and amps are realistically at full power on about 3/4 volume, any more and it starts to distort causing the cut out.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amp needs up grading to a more powerfull model it would appear. each amp suld be working around 3//4 at max power at max volume.

Ie 300watt RMW sub would need 350watt RMS amp, 4x50watt head unit needs speakers that are max of 45watt etc......this will prevent the cut outs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sony headunit issue

are you sure its the aerial your look at and not the feed to the amplified antenna??my e46 aerial has an amplifier on it so it had to be connected to a switchable ve for it to work properly - this was direct off the bmw headunit.might be the same thing but just a thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is nearly a year old, and from what i can gather i think he's sorted it
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try running two earth wires from amp ive had sonys for years never a problem you say that someone tuned the amp ide presume hes turned the filter pots inside the amp up does it distort at 3\4 volume before it cuts out defo sounds like earth problems imao