Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how fast has everyone bin??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have honestly got 102mph (On the speedo and on 14's) out of my 4 speed 1.0 litre 180K mile saloon!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vavler will pull (on a private road...) to the limiter in 5th, thats just a touch over 140mph.

By know means the quickest car ive driven for top speed, but quite impressive for a nova that cost me almost fukk all!

Chip

Senior User
    St. Asaph Drives: Honda S2000 Drives: Passat TDi Drives: 106GTi Drives: 106XLD Drives: Swb Transit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

148mph proven

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to 138mph in my GTE (on the flat, speed from my Digi dash) but that was before i fitted my cam. Im hoping it'll hit it the rev limiter in 5th now, which with the rised rev limiter should be around 140-145.
    But the handling goes all light and fluffy!!! scary stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default speed

in me 1200 I had 106 on my way back from wales,and missed my junction cos I was going for it,and in my 1400 I have had 120 going to skeggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont forget your speedo varies by about 5mph just dpending on how worn your tyre tread is at high speeds.

Chip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 113

I've had 113mph out of a 92 SR on Black Rock Sands, North Wales.

I didn't go any faster as the bonnet was all wobbly and i didn'y fancy it flying off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this post - if our speedos were so far out most iof us would be banned by now when we "cruise" past those hidden speed cameras!

I've clocked a sphincter loosening 105 in my 1.2 mk2 4 speed nova- slight downhill, wind behind me with still more on the pedal. Thats with car lowered 60mm, k&n filter and 15" wheels - even retarded speedo a bit coz the bigger yer wheels the more the speedo's out (e.g yer speedo ready 70, yer actually doing 88!) - theres a site u can go on that tells you how to calibrate yer speedo if u change tyre sizes - can be out by quite a bit specially if u jump from 13" steelies to 15's.

Dont do it often but its fun when you do - and my car dont shake to bits neither!

Ade
    :wink:

Senior User
    southampton, Drives,sm2'd, t3'd let nova. which collects dust in a garage!.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so burrows that means your gte which is running 110bhp is faster than my 16v digi dashes are shite! on my gte down a hill it was reading 153mph!erm yea like fcuk! i reakon your motor may make it to 135 true reading as i remmember you saying it done that on the limiter? so you are still restricted through the box ratio, were have to go on the motor way coz in thoery your car will over take my valver?!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first 1.2 got me to a ton down a big hill 20 minutes after passing my test, it could only show 95mph on flat roads.

My A reg fitted with a totally stock 1.6 gte lump & box, and on 185/60 14s used to regularly hit the rev limiter at a recorded 120mph. I had checked the reading thru a police measured mile on the m40 at 90mph. it took 40 seconds, so it was fairly accurate.

anyway, my family car is an Omega estate 2.0 16v, and that can do 130mph with 5 people and stuff on board, The fastest I've ever driven was in a BMW 735 at 145mph on a single lane A road.