Thread: !!!help!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default !!!help!!!

i had my door bent back aroud two month back.and after the rain we had last night ,its leaked in where the door is kinked on the a pillar front of the door frame, imust admit ive never noticed this before,but by luck ive took the mats out for a shake(as you do), and found that my carpet is soaked around the footwell area, ive put the car round the back and put a heated fan at it, will this be ok without stripping the carpet out, and ifso does the seat have to come out etc to strip the carpet, any help is much apprieciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's not been out before, the front carpet has the top layer of carpet, then a really thick padding and then the red tar stuff stuck to the floor.

If it's really soaked you'd be best off removing the carpet, binning the thick padding and making sure the floor is dry before replacing the carpet. AFAIK you can do that with the front seats in.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers m8 what do i need to strip to get the carpet out as in the long carpet trim that goes down the side of the door(its pitch black now aprt from interior light)if you can tell me i know where to look

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

centre console, gear gaiter and the plastic door strips that go along the bottom of the door frame.

there's some rubber sound proof matting wedged up in the footwell as well, i removed that on my old gte as it was falling apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how bads thr damage to the pillar? U sure the rains getting in there and not from the scuttle panel (eg leaky battery hole?)

Sure once carpets removed you'll see the rain trails...

I remember when my passenger footwell got soaked - ended up removing the sound deadening and sticking it in the tumble dryer!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when my passenger footwell got soaked - ended up removing the sound deadening and sticking it in the tumble dryer!

[/quote]top man would never have thought of it will do that as for the door its fooked m8 the rain is on the doorcard hitting the plastic carpet trim and onto the carpet ive just glued a piece of rubber(draft excluder from B/Q) to the door, tried a kettle of water and whey hey its solved the problem for now.also had the heater on it for around 2 hours and its dried most of it.