Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

must be coz my dad has had range rovers and he's a hard nut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah Formula 2 "maxi" racing cossie is a hard ass mans car. but there are only 13 in the country 12 of which are owned by ford.... bugger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mark 1 dash

i started off hating the mark 1 dash then i saw the mark 2 and now the mark 1 is my favourite im gunna spray mine dark grey.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my mates dash.. Its been covered in grey carpet and redone to match the rest of the dash with tv's etc.

Personal opinion is the mark 2 dash's look nicer especially black (gsi) ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iT'S jUST THE GREY I DON'T LIKE!!

It looks really dated, and i've put matching black and red seat covers on which looks suprisingly good ! and so if the dash and door cards were black it would look mint! Although saying that, i brought this cockpit shine stuff from halfords and that does make it look well shiny.... which improves it!

Anyway, anyone no were an idiots guide to taking as MK1 SR dash off is??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can i also have an idiots guide to taking mk2 dash off, when u say dash, do u mean the bit just around the speedo and stuff or the whole dash that goes right across, i see 2 screws on each side of the dash when u open the doors. Whats the best way to change the colour of the door cards? Prob black maybe?
    Neil AKA 'idiot'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the swear checker kicking in over "c ockpit" shine! ::

As for using that stuff on yer dash to make it "shiney" in my opinion BAD MISTAKE! Its silicone based which means that if you were serious about changing the colour of yer dash (aka spraying it black), paint HATES silicone - one of the most hated chemicals ther is in the paint spraying industry. If creates a barrier that paint cant stick to - effectively known as "fish eyes" for v small particles - on a big scale known as a mess.

you'need to purchase some anti silicone degreaser (or good quality thinners) - test the dash i a small area to make sure it doesnt react with the plastic (some thinners melts plastic like celly thinners). You can get anti silicone degreaser from car paint suppliers.

Black sounds good on door cards and dash. All ya need now is a lik of green for the rasta nova!

:D

Ade

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe!! funny you say that mate... i was gonna put a great big red, gold green V on the front going down the sides to the edge of the bumper.... cause i had to sand the bonnet down and fill a couple of holes in the wing.... but i chickened out and am trying to blend it in with the orginal color now using vauxhall flame red spray from halfords... and shit loadsa T-CUT! once that done i'm going to do a red, gold and green cannabis leaf on the bonnet...... but with a baby due in 5 days that may have to wait!!!! :evil: