Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: time to say good bye to my license

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i admited it and someone in a house near by saw it all and called an ambulance wich means the police are sent out automaticly to an rta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ste porter
    the result of no fault of my own as such
    I thought you were test driving it? After having built it? And the steering wheel came off................

Quote Originally Posted by ste porter
    3 points for over taking an unmarked with the front wheels lit up on the laughing gas but the copper wasnt laughing and where it happened in the eyes of the law they classed it as public high way even though it was a farm road it was still accessable to the public and thus classed as a public highway
    doh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok - if you didnt own the car and you were driving it and you were named on his policy as an additional driver and unless you have your own car insurance policy that shows "driving other cars" you are not covered and threfore can be prosecuted. The basic will be 3 points and an IN10 - unless you were involved in an accident with a 3rd party in which case its anyones guess what you will get.

Failing that -
    If your "mate" said he added you to his policy as an additional driver but didnt then you need to punch him. you'll still get busted though by the policy for driving without insurance.

And as mentioned above - the body "style" is not relevant only that the certificate of motor insurance showed you on the policy to drive that vehicle (based on registration plate).

The insurance company however may void the policy if the owner didnt declare it for what it was (excluding the body style as mentioned above) meaning the car was uninsured, however in a court you could plead that this is outwith your control as you were only an additional driver added as a temporary measure and providing you can prove that you were on the policy certificate at the time you maybe ok with just the accident to think about.

I'd get legal advice - quick...

Can you give any more details? eg who is registered owner and keeper of the car, are you on the policy, do you have driving other cars (DOC) on your own policy (your certificate will say that you - with the owners permission can drive another car on a 3rd party basis).
    Last edited by ade; 26-07-07 at 11:40 PM.

3 1/2 rods.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't be bothered to read everything, and i'm not the yoda of insurance..

But if you weren't 100% legit, and weren't on a private road.. then it's tough luck ! Unlucky !

Ade seems to know what he's on about, and if it's some kind of Fault with the police handleing, or the insurance company. Then i hope you get it sorted.
    Last edited by Nick; 27-07-07 at 12:47 AM.