Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oooooooo! the pain!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default oooooooo! the pain!!!

iv finally got off my fat lazy arse and decided to do some excercise, so iv joined a gym. iv been on the salads for 6 weeks and thought it would be the next step to go as i havent lifted a finger in nearly 10 years!!

so i joined an esporta gym, which is quite an exclusive little place and went last night for my first 3 hr work out.

20 - 30 mins in the spin room (full of excersice bikes that move from side to side, like riding a proper bike with a massive tv, strobes and cooling fans) then i hit the treadmill for a bit, then some other wierd contraption, the pool for a few lengths, steam room, sauna then spa.

now im bollocksed, i cant move and struggled to get out of bed this morning (more than usual).

someone tell me it'll get easier as time goes on!!!!!!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear old chap I do feel sorry for you . But there is an easier option - try Bronco sex for fittness. Whilst giving youre partner a portion ( must be doggy stylee fashion tho ) call out her mothers name on the point of the vinegar strokes - the idea is to stay on as long as possible - you can certainly expect a good wrestle !!

Dislikes stupid people
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive started swimming again, been swimming about 3/4 miles a week. First time i went after about 7 years an did a mile an a half and that hurt couldnt move for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -tucny
    someone tell me it'll get easier as time goes on!!!!!!!
    It'll get easier as time goes on :mrgreen:

P.S. I really does. Keep it up :+:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gotten back into doing a lot of cycling again, was pretty tough to start with but now its a lot better

Would love to get into swimming too, but our local "pool" (more of a puddle really) has closed pretty much all summer to have the roof fixed. And I can't get to the beach as I'm in Cheltenham each weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my local pool costs a fair bit and the opening hours arnt very good therefore i may only get an hour in after work once a week if im lucky. i think swimming is the easiest form of excersice to get started with.

as for those exercise bikes, they cause me pain in my man tackle. is this something which may stop - or should i take a cusion with me??

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that feeling all too well mate !! Before I passed my test cycling was my only form of transport - I still love it , but put on a stone since stopped due to me motor . The bikes I use have been both road , hybrid and mtbs but all have caused the same problem , which is very common - numbness . It aint funny to spin about 10 15 miles then suddenly get a terrible burning sensation , numbness then pins and needles in the old chap ( it is humerous after the event I,ll admit ) and to stand doubled up by the road or in the woods pulling faces like chewbacca and cussing like snoopdog must have caused a stare or two.. I looked into this problem and was informed it was two things - 1 wrong saddle ( we,re not talking saddle sore here to a new cyclist ) 2 saddle / seatpost height is wrong. So I set the height to the correct reach ( this is crucial on a mtb- it aint about weather your feet touch the ground .. ) and then tried about 20 different saddles . The last one I brought was ?50 !! Me motor cost ?400!!

But it worked . Best thing to wear when cycling for fitness ( and yes you will look silly but they help ) is proper padded lycra shorts .
    Think its time to dust that old Marin of mine down and go for a long spin..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickrabbit
    Think its time to dust that old Marin of mine down and go for a long spin..........
    I love Marins, use my Rock Springs at the moment but might have to dust off the old Palisades... that was a great bike, really nice ride

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah too right matey - they are brilliant. I,ve still got a 91 pine mountain ( no shocks its that old the geomatry of the frame affects the ride if fitted ) its as stiff as hell but a blast to ride. I,ve also had Kona ( fab bike , but had to sell was skint ) and the last one,s a Cannondale ( mega expensive - the mrs treated me out of her redundancy ) with a lefty front fork , - its nice but for some reason its always the Marin that goes out....

OLDSCHOOL BABY !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you feel the pain youve made a gain

I was always told to work out and then next day rest (when it hurts) then the following day work out etc...

4 times a week - then rest for a couple of days...

The pain is your muscles ripping and rebuilding apparatly