Thread: Early Mk1 1986 Nova C20XE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Early Mk1 1986 Nova C20XE

Hi,Not many posts I know, but hopefully I can pass on my Nova here rather than doom it to ebay.

The Car,
    Originally a 1986 1.2 carburettor "Clipper" (basically a merit) non-sunroof.

Was converted in 2010 to a 2.0 16v C20XE by MCD Vauxhall (Halifax) stitch welded engine bay, engine from a 1992 calibra with (told of) 75k miles on clock, has the coscast head. the driveshafts are enlarged for 2.0 CV joints, the hubs are modified for nova then on. Front Brake discs and calipers are Corsa sport. Suspension was also MCD's conversion, they said it was Nova SR, and is slightly lowered. Injection converted fuel tank and fuel pump.

The Engine is ok, It has a gremlin that appears 20% of the time I use it, it will hunt, i.e. it will rev high and low between 500rpm and 4000 rpm
    This gremlin will appear in any circumstance, hot or cold, driven far or near, idle or driving, without warning. I have an ECU, but methods to ask it what's wrong haven't been connected yet, including that plug you jam a paper clip in to get the blink test, but most of the time it behaves itself, especially when another mechanic is in the car.

Spray painted in 2013 in BMW Titansilber, rust has been seen to also. the finish is really good, apart from the drivers door, it has blistered due to moisture on one of the layers during painting, (I will supply a drivers door which is really good, apart from the bottom edge where there is some rust, drivers doors are rare too). The bonnet also has minor blemishes. The shell is really sound, and has no obvious blemishes.
    I did fit the wrap round spoiler but it started to peel off, so I removed it. (included if you want it), hence the sticky tape. The Snowplough bumper was a rare find, and I have a spare in case. The Alloys are Cavalier Expression, I wanted the car OE.

Interior is pretty messy, The ECU and fusebox want rehousing. They are original merit seats, I do have GTE seats (included) which I was going to fit but never got round to, but I wanted to sort out priority issues first. I would say that the Early SR instrument cluster with the orange needles were a rare find.

The MoT is due, and I'm certain you can research the history on Vehicle MOT History - GOV.UK but it's only driven 200 miles in the last year, so it'll be pretty much the same apart from, I would say front wheel bearings need changing (at 60mph the steering wheel wobbles, then will straighten after 65 mph).
    The mileage of this car is a mix.
    I drove the car to 60k, then changed the instrument cluster, the cluster read 21k in 2011 when I installed it, and now reads 25k, so I haven't driven the car far at all.

I bought the car from an elderly man who fell over in 2007 and couldn't drive any longer. He bought it from the dealer which was a demonstration vehicle. The car was my drive to work, I did the conversions later, with the idea it would be my link to a classic/fun car, but has become too stationary in a garage. In the last 3 years, it really only gets used very 3 weeks or so if I'm lucky, and gets driven around the block before sitting and waiting again for another 3 weeks, it's a shame, but I don't have time money or effort to give it the attention to finish it off. I never intended to sell it, so I have no service history.

It's MoT is due in April, the Garage Rent is due, Tax and Insurance only around the corner, it's become a dream that's just becoming too expensive to just sit. I'm 36 years old, I have a young family, time is a rare commodity

I am looking for £1000, I'm not willing to negotiate, or swap, there's worse cars out there at higher prices.

I work and cannot answer the phone weekdays, so I am contactable out of hours or weekends.
    The car is located in St.Albans, Hertfordshire, I live in Apsley, Hertfordshire. FYI.
    Kind regards,
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bargain for someone,this will sell no problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this hasn't shifted before my tax rebate comes in ill take it !

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mate, i am interested in this, ive sent you a text cheers Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, that was quicker than I expected. I've taken a deposit for it, so i'm afraid it's sold subject to conditions.
    Thank you al for your interest. If for some reason it's not sold, I will re-post... thanks.
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did this get collected?
    Formally Known as Gsi_Jimbo, New name No Idea

my project / my Daily / New track slag project

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea it did, as i was second in line if it didnt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to say thank you all for your interest, it has been sold. Hope to see it again soon.
    Craig