Thread: Operation Saloonatic

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good morning Chaps,

As I predicted at the beginning of this build progress may well have been inhibited by work be family commitments. What an understatement that was.

Not a very emotional character in an outgoing sense of the word to anyone I don't really know but to sum up the bullshit I have endured this week my loving devoted Wife of two years has been lying to me since we met about various things. She is now purely the Mother to our Jasmine and that is the only way our relationship will stay for certain.

I have been asked (forced) to move out and as a result of that I have proceeded to move to my best mates in Exeter, a region I hail from in a roundabout sort of way.

Operation Saloonatic is currently on hold for 48 hours while I facilitate the transport of her for the 270 odd mile trip, along with my basic personal effects and every tool I own. It's a big job to say the least.

Never anticipated being in this situation ever, I am functioning perfectly but feel broken and cut deep inside. I am going to proceed to channel all my anger/hurt/general negative emotions into enthusiasm for this build and fuel myself as a result of it to aspire to build the best RWD saloon the UK at least has seen.

Watch this space ladies and brothers some serious engineering experience will be laid on the table in layman's terms for everyone to interpret in their own way and take their own spin off / references docs or diagrams related to this build.

I have had apprentices work under me in the past and they have all gone on to do well. The only thing I've ever asked of them is to pay attention and be willing to do things they don't understand at the time in situations of emergencies in production systems where downtime is lost profit then be taught the theory later at the earliest possible opportunity.
    I plan on documenting this build for you all to see in the same respects of these principles and also, primarily, for my own use whatever it may pose in the future.

Had to treat myself today so picked up a new track bike. Spannered on it this aft for 2 hours, 45min of which was applying t-cut in a furious manner to every inch of it three times...

Here she is

For now 🏻

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen a RWD saloon in person so you can build any of crap and it'll be the best in my eyes Glad you're channeling frustration into motivation, look forward to seeing the fab work going into it.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's shit news Maka but glad you've kept your chin up high and getting on with it, looking forward to this build massively and nice to see your fronting your frustration into what could be a bloody good project mate All the best.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty shit Mate. but at least your channelling the emotion in a direction we all can enjoy.

I'll be watching this build, 2 RWD saloons on 1 site.... The Simps needs to crack on with his, let the Saloon battle commence!

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude sorry to read that, best to try stay of fb like you said on there.
    Glad your going to try keep on with the nova, the only reason I had to abandon the project was getting a mortgage...
    Keep your head up dude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shall be keeping an eye on the progress in this thread, hopefully it will inspire competition to get mine finished first!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey sorry to hear about the ex mate, I'm only down the road in dawlish so if you ever need a had just give us a shout,

ive got a trailer if the nova needs bringing down bud
    Formally Known as Gsi_Jimbo, New name No Idea

my project / my Daily / New track slag project