Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat: thread

Club Member Club Member dgbnova#1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must say I've not been on much at all mad busy, far more traffic on Facebook plus diverse to other makes and groups

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fakebook has killed all the forums.
    well i say killed.those who have it prefer to use that for whatever reason.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The kids these days don't know a proper car when they see one, they certainly aint interested in rusty old nova's. It's all about 'mad new corsa' with bluetooth, hands free, and cruise control. Nobody seems to consider the fact they are driving around in a 1500kg tank with 80bhp and huge wheels. When I was a young teen it was all about 13 inch wheels, modifying engines in anyway possible for as cheap as you can and stripping as much weight as physically possible out of the thing . I fear for this forum and many others when the 'old skool' loyal members move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i must have been one of the few cursed with nova ownership then

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are a good few young members here and on Facebook the thing is classics become expensive making it impossible for young blood
    how many healey owners or mgb are there under a certain age just costs to much to buy build and insure and Novas are heading the same way part prices along with actual cars look at inner wings for example there out priced for most including me I'd not want to spend that amount of money on them I will spend less if I see them will buy them if I can but think some peoples prices just are killing the ability to run the cars

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgbnova#1 View Post
    I think there are a good few young members here and on Facebook the thing is classics become expensive making it impossible for young blood
    how many healey owners or mgb are there under a certain age just costs to much to buy build and insure and Novas are heading the same way part prices along with actual cars look at inner wings for example there out priced for most including me I'd not want to spend that amount of money on them I will spend less if I see them will buy them if I can but think some peoples prices just are killing the ability to run the cars
    Novas are getting expensive for panels parts etc. But this is good in my opinion that they will part away from the chav style and become a more desirable and a classic car .The price range from a modified nova to a standard mint one is miles apart and that should be the future of the nova scene.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something that's put me off is that I've ask a genuine question on here and had literally no answers. Maybe know one knows the answer but I dout it. Not looking to rip into the forum, just saying

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This forum is more dedicated to a rarer market now, less Novas = less fan base. With PNG also being a dedicated forum it's aimed at the one model but this forum can only get better in my opinion if people are willing to help out and give less negative comments about the place.

Obviously technology has changed regarding communicating about cars and most people will now use Facebook, I find Facebook too open and less of a club base though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakerboy83 View Post
    Something that's put me off is that I've ask a genuine question on here and had literally no answers. Maybe know one knows the answer but I dout it. Not looking to rip into the forum, just saying

What was the question ?

You do know the most important question in the universe the one everyone wants to know the answers always 42!
    Last edited by dgbnova#1; 08-11-14 at 09:58 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgbnova#1 View Post
    What was the question ?

You do know the most important question in the universe the one everyone wants to know the answers always 64!
    If your on about hitchhikers guide to the galaxy it's 42