Thread: Mark two nova 1400 twin 40 carb'ed

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mark two nova 1400 twin 40 carb'ed

Car Make: Vauxhall
    Car Model: Nova Merit
    Engine Size: 1400
    Registration Year: H reg 1991
    Mileage: 59K

Description: Here we have my Mark 2 Nova. It has a 1400cc 8v engine conversion (unregistered yet), twin 40 Solex carbs and trumpets, 4-2-1 branch exhaust manifold, F13 5 speed gearbox, 2 inch Ashley system with flexi pipe and back box, lowered 60mm, 256mm brakes with Ferodo brake pads, Goodridge braided lines at the front, Mark 4 Astra alloys with two brand new tyres up front (195/50/15) and two road legal tyres at the back (195/60/15), full leather interior, Calibra rear bench and Manta bucket style at the front, bolster appears to be in good condition, GSI dash, astra steering wheel, white boot from a TD with spoiler in orange (painted quickly just to tidy it up a little bit), euro style rear lights (painted clears), electric windows, brand new Team Heko wind deflectors, ice white 55w bulbs and sidelights.

Please note, this is not a perfect car by any stretch of the imagination, it is 22 years old, it does have some dents and dings, most noticeably on the drivers side rear quarter panel, I have repaired it slightly, but could do with attention from a body shop. There is a little bit of rust as you would expect on a nova, rear arches has some, front arches have some, and on the inner arches as well. Underneath appears to be all solid, wings could do with replacing, but generally speaking she is pretty solid.

Engine wise, she popped a piston ring on me this morning and as such will need to be trailered or towed. I don't want anything more to do with this car anymore, I have put so much effort into building her, and all I keep getting is problem after problem. Other than the piston ring, she is all fine and dandy, she has had new tappets and followers, head gasket was done etc etc. I just don't have the inclination to keep throwing time, effort and money into it, I had to cancel the retest on it because of this. But all the work was done, and she should have gone through the mot with no further hassle. I have a folder or two with a load of paperwork and reciepts etc although not sure what exactly is in there because I haven't updated it for a while!

I have a load of spares sitting in my shed for it, including a spare bonnet, the original silver boot lid, the original grey interior, racing steering wheel and (really crap) boss kit, loads of random pipework, bucket seats with runners (unknown if straight bolt in to the nova or you require some work, I never got the chance to look into it), I also have a spare F13 wide ratio gearbox as well. I will have a sort out of the shed at some point to photograph all of the spares I have.

I also have some rear quarter arch repair panels, although I cannot remember if they are genuine GM or pattern. I will get them out of the loft and photograph them at some point.

Please note, the sound system is NOT included.

No warrenty is given or implied.

Price: I am looking for around £800 ono
    Contact Details: PM on here or reply to this thread and I will sort out a phone number, not going to broadcast it on the tinterwebs!

Pictures:

Further pictures will be made available soon, or on request for specifics.
    Last edited by TeddyThom; 23-06-14 at 08:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much ill collect tomorrow

Club Member Club Member dgbnova#1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price is there mate £800

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make me an offer around that sort of price, I am open to reasonably sensible offers. No part exchanges though. If you require further info, PM me and I shall give you my exact location details if you wish to view.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok mate its just block gonna be scored if its spat a ring so will need a new block

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am well aware of what damage it will have mate, bloks are easy to come by. I just don't want to throw any more effort at this. Do you want to make a reasonable offer?