Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nova Saloon, Daily Hack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scott.parker View Post
    Looks lovely Dave, but don't take this the wrong way, but from experience (as im old now) if i were you i would have a good re think on your collection of old vauxhalls, if you can keep them all then do so, but if i were you i would try sell a few and keep the ones you reall need/want, eg: keep white xe, red sr complete it and keep insted of loon, or sell cav and loon as a daily instead? Just i know now how much money ive wasted over the years, and other mates saved, they all have better cars and mortgages then i do now

I sold the red SR afew months back Scott as it needed more money putting into it than I'd ever get back, iI've never lostmoney on any cars I've bought owned and sold. The white XE will never leave my possession as I've had it since I was 12, the Cavalier is my daily hack and the saloon is my project/spare daily, the Cavalier needs alot of mechanical work next year to get it mint so I'll use this whilst it's off the road
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Afew updates...

SR Clocks that i fitted when i first got her because i had them lying about

Never intended on keeping these originally... but they sort of stayed because i couldn't find a GSI set... untill last week when a set popped up on eBay. Sourced a 2-pin oil switch also so i could run the oil pressure gauge, made up a wiring loom to fit into the car for the second pin too.

Also when i bought the saloon it had a 1.4 engine fitted into it, but still ran the original carb. After looking around for a while for a rocker flat OHC type rocker cover i finally found one. Cleaned it up and had it painted in work.

Before:

After ( looks like a 1.2 now )

Also fitted my Cavalier SRI wheel i had spare, not too sure on this yet though, probably go back to the three spoke

That's all for now, in for her MOT soon
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "