Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks lovely Dave!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not updated this in a while so here goes...

She's been a very reliable daily hack, love being behind the wheel of a Nova again! After having a breif love affair with a B reg Ford Orion (Literally a week) This came back out and the Orion was sold

So heres the changes:

Mainly the big changes are inside and underneath, i picked up a very smart fully retrimmed grey leather interior on eBay for £70! Went and collected that and fitted it in once i'd got some subframes, the rears took abit of work to get in bit they went in on 3dr foam, poverty arch carpets were cut down and used to cover what you'd see of the wheel arches. Very smart and give a nice touch to the car i think.

Next was the Cherrybomb exhaust, picked up off here for £45 delivered, put on and my lord is it loud! Sounds perfect though nice and raspy, could probabley benefit from a centre box though

Then little things like debadging it again, fitting my euro light, installing some I.C.E i was given which is chavtastic! K&N fitted, CD playe refitted and raised a little on the rear

Heres some pictures for you all

Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White sidelights

Thats all for now, still going good as a daily, cleaned every Saturday and polished every month
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.

Club Member Club Member Simon 1867's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really like this, very clean. Nice touch with the seats. Looking forward to the next update
    Come and cruise my town if your novas brown.

My MK1 83 Nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon 1867 View Post
    Really like this, very clean. Nice touch with the seats. Looking forward to the next update
    I bet you won't like this one

Since i got the Cavalier on the road, this ol' girl has been sat of the road getting neglected and forgotten about. This is her as she sits now... look away if you're easily offended

She has lost a lot of her goodies, such as the Calibra leather wheel, Radio and speakers, and most noticeable of all... the Speedlines. But fear not, these are all still in my posession, they were all removed whilst she was being sat to prevent them deteriorating or getting stolen whilst it was sat up. Hopefully be getting her back to her old self in the new year and spruced up for the show season... with the help of a new lady friend...

Watch this space

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you've still got her dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right Dave... I do t like what you have done. Lol. But I must agree, best thing to do while the car is laid up is to store the parts. Still a nice 4door in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy8252 View Post
    Good to see you've still got her dave.
    Cheers Tommy and Simon, pulled my finger out the last week and braved the cold! After being sat neglected and deteriorating for around 9 months, i decided to try and get her back on the road

First up was a change of shoes, i fitted my SR steelies that i've got and wrapped them in some brand new low profile 185/55/R15 rubber, along with my Mk2 Belmont SRi/MK Cavalier SRi wheel trims which suit the car down to the ground i reckon, nice and stuble, and in time with the car (It does now have all 4 fitted as one had a leaky bead)

Took her up the road and back to free her off, brakes were seized on solid, still started first time with full choke though, engine is one of the things making me keep hold of her, so reliable

Next up was the steering wheel, old Mk Astra one that was shoved on as a tempt removed...

And old style GTE one fitted, much better

Genuine mats fitted and tidied up inside... vast improvement

Also fitted some clear side indicators too as well as some L.E.D sidelight bulbs. Hopefully put her through a MOT in the new year and be back behind the wheel soon, tart the blemishes on the bodywork wings etc as i go on, hope you all approve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good progress. Nice to see her driving.

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks lovely Dave, but don't take this the wrong way, but from experience (as im old now) if i were you i would have a good re think on your collection of old vauxhalls, if you can keep them all then do so, but if i were you i would try sell a few and keep the ones you reall need/want, eg: keep white xe, red sr complete it and keep insted of loon, or sell cav and loon as a daily instead? Just i know now how much money ive wasted over the years, and other mates saved, they all have better cars and mortgages then i do now