Thread: Blaupunkt stereo not illuminating?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blaupunkt stereo not illuminating?

Anyone shine any light on this? Got a CD300 out of a Cavalier, the LCD screen digits work fine, however the screen and buttons dont light up orange like they should either when the sidelights are on or all the time, checked the wiring their is an illumination wire but when i put a live to it i still have no illumination, tried a similar Blaupunkt stereo in the same car, no messing about with wires plug and play onto the ISO and that lights up fine
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illumination wire dims the unit when the headlights are on. It will be a bulb or LED etc in the unit that's gone most likely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999 View Post
    Illumination wire dims the unit when the headlights are on. It will be a bulb or LED etc in the unit that's gone most likely.
    Nothing lights up though, none of the bittons knobs or display, no small internal fuses?
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably all driven off of one LED/bulb with a sheet of plastic to spread the light, it is also possible something inside has gone pop and taken out the whole lighting circuit like you say though.