Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic Type R

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car is also booked in for a fast road tracking setup next weekend as currently appears to be running positive camber on the front.

Lee im not sure why but they all look like they have positive camber, it looks weird in makes you think its all wonky in been bent but thats the way they look for some reason, my one looks the same so does both my mates, i had it in last weekend to get checked in all was fine, also another thing is watch the filter isnt relocated so it can pick up water, my mates one was fitted by a so called mechanic which resulted in a blown engine before x-mas,which was rebuilt but has never been right since tbh, its not common but sthing to bare in mind

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly
    Lad round here had a supercharged one and a turboed one, the S/C one had no boxes in the exhaust, proper deafened you @ *** mph
    Does he happen to work at eddie wrights in scunthorpe? Waggy? He had a s/c one as his own and a turbo'd one which was/is his birds. His had blue wheels at one point mega loud and everyday past work at 7 hitting the limiter on every road until he gets to work and it just takes it. Lol

Senior User
    Manchester Drives: 911 Carrera 2, MR2 Roadster turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday the car had a new Cat 1 alarm fitted as the old one had packed in ages ago and i wanted to make it a bit more secure.

Yesterday I decided to fit the polybush gearbox mount I got with the car.

Would love to say what difference it made but after this it all went wrong.

Decided to have a look at the idle issue (car idles at 2.6k when cold) and removed the throttle body. The gasket disintegrated. Tried to put the throttle body back on with instant gasket until I can sort a proper one but now when I start the car it idles worse than ever. It's bouncing between 2.5k and 3k and won't come down. Hoping it's just the gasket but not had the best start to Honda ownership, managed to break it within a week!

Proper fedup with it now as on the bus next week due to this!
    Last edited by Lee H; 20-02-11 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the IACV issue mate. Its a common fault For It To Stick and cause the symptoms you describe. Knackered gasket will not be helping either

Its located Under the throttle body.

Two small screws remove them.
    Clean it out.
    Should sort it.
    Does it go way when it's warm??

As for gaskets, I've got a TB and IACV gasket here if you need them.
    For SC conversion but I don't new them yet.

Stoo

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, car is fixed again now, see how long it last this time. Big thanks to Stoo for sending me a gasket and putting up with many questions.

Cleaned the idle control valve and fitted new throttle body gasket and was left with the high idle issue still. Took it back up to TDI on Saturday and they noticed the gasket between the inlet manifold and the adaptor for the throttle body was missing. Fitted a new gasket here and adjusted the idle control valve on the ECU and it seems fine now. Revs drop perfectly to 950 now when car has warmed up rather than hunting and hanging at 1500.

Also had the fast road setup done and the car feels so much better to drive now. It had positive camber on the front before it was done. Set to 1.25 degrees negative now and 2 degrees on the rear as I've lowered it without camber adjustors so can't do anything about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad it's all good mate

Don't worry about ringing me if you need any help with anything else too

Stoo

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car had a new clutch fitted last week, can't believe how much easier and nicer to drive it is now. Old clutch was nearly down to the rivets and generally falling apart.

Decided to give the car a bit of a clean and polish today, apologies for the dreadful Iphone pictures, going to try and get some better pictures over weekend. Really regretting getting a black car as it gets so dirty during the week on the motorway etc.

Next job is to maybe get the bonnet and bumper resprayed as i've never seen a car with so many stonechips in my life :sad:

Currently managing 320 miles to a £60 tank of Super unleaded with loads of traffic driving so can't grumble at that really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really not a fan of that exhaust lee, need an ovan type one that isnt as jap... i know its a jap car but... still

A guy at my old work has one of these, identicle apart from its got black wheels, hes had all sorts done to it and its scary when he gives it some! really like these cars
    Nova 1.0l Project - Nova Saloon Daily Hack - Cavalier SRi Project - Nova 1.3 SR Project - Mini City Project - Digi Dash Fitting Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie at PVS08
    I mean, how did you make your car lighter? Poly-carbs, stripped out carpets, all i did was have a big poo.
    " Make Way For The Ess Ohh Vee!!! "

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mates EP3 engine exploded after it was mapped by TDI north, not sure I would trust them to work on my car tbh

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power graph from just after I got the car.