Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Combe Summer action day 2010

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex, did you go back out then? I didn't see you out again after our lap.

Couldn't believe how easily you pasted me when i let the Caterham pass. I left of a bit and you passed me like i was stopped. Have it on vid too..

Nice to see the few of you i did, we had a huge funk up with out 2 (yes 2) stands..

Wasn't hardly any one i knew out on track tho, One of the drift boys spotted me tho, did some spinning burn out just for me..

Tan, nice perv shot...

Last edited by Benn; 12-09-10 at 02:20 PM.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn

Tan, nice perv shot...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread NEEDS pictures!!! i was out on track most of the day with no brakes, and it made me drive faster , also, i cant look on facebook for pictures as im not on it! post up what you have benn, nice to meet you and the rest of the crew that turned up!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was all set to pick up a motor sat morning and the guy let me down so gutted aswell cause combe is a good show not far away
    Formally Known as Gsi_Jimbo, New name No Idea

my project / my Daily / New track slag project

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex_maris
    this thread NEEDS pictures!!! i was out on track most of the day with no brakes, and it made me drive faster , also, i cant look on facebook for pictures as im not on it! post up what you have benn, nice to meet you and the rest of the crew that turned up!!!!!
    You should be able to look still as it's set for everyone to be able too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

says i have to log in

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex_maris
    says i have to log in
    How odd

My laptop is a bit broke at the moment and for some reason won't let me upload to photobucket So just tryna find another site and i'll get some up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it makes sense to do this post as a kind of report i guess so ill start at 5am , which is when i woke up to get ready, far to early imo but thats life . all went to plan and after getting money out we were on the way at about 6.10am, however it was without satnav as it seems i wired up the siggy lighter up backwards and cooked the charger lmao. anywho other than a little detour through cov we got there without a hitch at about 8.30am to find we were one of the first there. cue loo break before then off to find benn for my track pass epic thanks for that as well buddy, rep coming your way.

cue not having a clue what to do next lmfao, benn said something about the noise test so i jumped in the car and went to find a massive cue, which i did and being as im not an ignorant french piece of **** driving gimp i joined the back of the cue which was by the entrance gate at the time. flew through even with revving the tits off the poor beast with 86db lmfao, with that done it was just the boring briefing to get my wrist band

i was a touch nervous being as its my first ever trackday but i like to think i did ok and was well impressed with how my car handles baring in mind its a daily drive with ditch finders and tracking set with a tape measure . i found myself gaining on peeps through to corners where i didnt need to accelerate lmao other than that i was slow . partly because its a 1L but also due to the epic misfiring due to fuel starvation in the corners

i think the tyres show i was giving it some

after that the day was basically spent watching lots of quality track action.

all of the pics

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...astle%20combe/

and a selection of some good ones

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hate the drift cars! and how comes they dont have to obey the noise limit like us???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and after combe i went to see mr count james to pick up an engine, i failed thinking he was close to combe it was actually 60 miles through crappy roads to get to him, set off anyway and being as my fuel guage doesnt work i was on the hunt for a petrol station, before we found that we stopped for a maccies which is when i fixed the siggy lighter issue so i was then on the hunt for a universal phone charger as my satnav is the same as a motorola socket. picked a random petrol station and brimmed it which was 26 litres, means i averaged 34mpg which includes not exactly going slow down there and the thrash round combe go into the petrol station and they have one universal charger left and its the right one, bargain at a quid as well, i also for some reason got a free car wash to wash the mornings round dirt off resultage. carried onto count's where he had a brew and biscuits waiting, legend. after a bit of a chat we lifted the engine in the boot and i set off home. satnav said we would get home at 10.30, not to bad, the A34 is a facking lush road averaged 80-90mph all the way up (good girl, 1L FTW), stopped 60 miles from home for a wee and coffee which made me sleepy how crap. cue rather boring continued journey home until a octavia was pissing me off so decided to do him on a round about, completely forgot about the engine in the boot lmfao, big bang but meh . still got home at 10.30 even with the 20 min stop.

epic day out and shall be doing it again, good to see the peeps i did, hope to see you again soon