Thread: The Counts Track Day Nova Build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djbrowney
    what gear box is on the vxr ??? im sure its 6 speed ???
    Yes mate it is, quite short gearing, I had one for a night and me and Gav gave it a thorough road test and were quite impressed with it !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im not using this car for racing or going up the strip its going to be my every day car mate, go to shows with so it got to be sensible

i wonder if its small block or big block ???

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be a small block box, have a look through Chris Astleys build as he did originally have one in his.

Sensible ??? that is possibly the funniest thing I have heard so far this year !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonlem
    Will be a small block box, have a look through Chris Astleys build as he did originally have one in his.

Sensible ??? that is possibly the funniest thing I have heard so far this year !

Is that hair round your mouth or do you always talk like a cu*t

i am looking at it as we speak

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA HA, surely a 1.8 Astra or a Vectra diesel is considered to be sensible, not a 200hp 1.6 16v Nova LOL

Boys and their toys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonlem
    HA HA, surely a 1.8 Astra or a Vectra diesel is considered to be sensible, not a 200hp 1.6 16v Nova LOL

Boys and their toys.
    owned (think thats twice now )
    its very sensible compaired to the other nova
    i have to build a car to put my interior in so wtf **** hay

get on msn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need to find out the cc of both heads to see but i would take a wild guess say it would be about right, im after a trailer aswell

iirc darcy fitted on but it wasnt very simple i will find out mate
    Does Darcy have a wip?

There is always the option of keeping the comp ratio higher and running the boost lower. This keeps the boost threshold down iirc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im not using this car for racing or going up the strip its going to be my every day car mate, go to shows with so it got to be sensible

i wonder if its small block or big block ???
    If they are small block they are still huge by the looks of them

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If youre speccing an SCCR from new then Im sure theres no reason why it wouldnt work, but if youre running a sensible rev limit and have some torque then there is no need to have the gears so close together, which is the main reason people buy SCCR boxes, long first and then 4 really close together. I also doubt on a budget build that you'd be shelling out for a new cluster, so on the basis of a second hand one, IMO the ratios would be all wrong. Theyre also annoying and whiney for no particular gain on a 200bhp engine.

As far as what Id use, Id use the F18/F20 as jonboy suggests, goes straight in, costs 30-50 for a good one, ratios will work well, not too heavy....... Why complicate things!

The VXR had a 6 speed box but the mounts are all over the shop iirc and they wont be light!

can you not built an F20 with a long 5th? Maintain the current ratios to 120mph and then have fifth for cuising only.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alistairolsen
    If youre speccing an SCCR from new then Im sure theres no reason why it wouldnt work, but if youre running a sensible rev limit and have some torque then there is no need to have the gears so close together, which is the main reason people buy SCCR boxes, long first and then 4 really close together. I also doubt on a budget build that you'd be shelling out for a new cluster, so on the basis of a second hand one, IMO the ratios would be all wrong. Theyre also annoying and whiney for no particular gain on a 200bhp engine.

As far as what Id use, Id use the F18/F20 as jonboy suggests, goes straight in, costs 30-50 for a good one, ratios will work well, not too heavy....... Why complicate things!

The VXR had a 6 speed box but the mounts are all over the shop iirc and they wont be light!

can you not built an F20 with a long 5th? Maintain the current ratios to 120mph and then have fifth for cuising only.....
    I completely agree with the sccr issues here. I said in the first place that i was going for the F20 for the reasons you have mentioned. I also stated i couldn't afford a sccr, especially a new one with the correct ratios so thats out of the question anyway, an F20 will be sound for the moment.