Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Matt's Mincing around.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of a well overdue update for you guys, Been busy over the last 6 months, ranging from riding the KTM, to buying a race quad, saving a genuine silk gsi from death, and a few conversions and silly things to boot.

Right then, way back at xmas time, had a week off between xmas and new year, so thought “lets redtop our toms corsa” well, I left him to his own devices for much of the build, infact all I did was source and build the shafts and do all the required wiring.

That was his choice of rocker cover etc, much to my disappointment, I thought he would have made it look tidy.

Next task thrown at us was a friend who has owned novas before, swapped his bora diesel for a Genuine Silky GSI, now ive seen some sites on the road, but this one just about takes the pishh for being dodgey. 11 months MOT, taxed etc and “mint” its his own fault for not looking at the car, as anyone with eyes would have ran far, far away! But its all good, all welded up and saved from death, in about 10 hours worth of welding and panel fab.

Clearly obvious rust is well set in here.

The bulkhead had split with the power of the R1 Carbed XE (Which was timed up wrong, and the dizzy far too advanced) but it was all sorted in the end.

Few days later and this came into my local yard, GSI bumpers, skirts, spoiler and a few smalls where relieved by myself. It was really, really clean, and for some reason the MOT tester said it needed welding around the turrets (blatently didn’t) and funnily, the MOT fella wanted to buy the car so the story goes…

Seeing as a group of us have bought quads to hoon around on, I wanted in on the action, heres a pic proving that a Yamaha Blaster does go in an astra van! (My mates, I have a banshee)

Last edited by MattBrown; 13-06-12 at 11:39 AM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some boxing day foolery

So wet it was unreal, good days ragging though

Think she needs a clean!

That’s Better

I wanted in on the quad action, so I found a Yamaha Banshee Race Quad forsale in north wales, tatty, and not selecting the gears properly, not an issue for me, so a deal was done, the numbers etc checked with the police, all came up clean so home she came

Put it on the rolling road and she pulled 60bhp, its fair to say “wild” is an understatement, this thing is seriously fast.

Next to add to the toyshop is a CRF450R, on a 2007, for £1600 It had to come home to play.

I have also moved into a unit, and found a genuine large light up Lancia Sign from a 1980s dealers forsale on ebay, so had to have it, looks ace hung on the wall.

Then I was bored, so after a quick chat to Dom Hodge (Mk1 red SR, and various other Vauxhalls) He asked if I could fit a c20let to his nova, which was done in a matter of weeks, the engine bay was painted orange, and the shell was collected behind the trusty tow bus.

Then the build went ahead, everything painted and done really tidy IMO.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I needed something to keep me happy, so I went and bought a z20let, all the wiring etc required and was going to convert the van, then had a realisation about fuel etc, and kept it diesel. So the z20let went to a new home (Corsa C)

Next I got offered a vitara cheap, so thought why not, theres an ex mod base near me, with some fairly silly hills etc, and I took it out a few times, although mr plod wasn’t too impressed about the towing situation (Its legal, by about 15kgs)

I got hold of a senator/carlton GSI dash for my nova, but decided that I preferred the standard GSI dials so It got sold on.

Next thing the banshee is misbehaving, not running right and being a pig.

Then the engine locks up solid.

Ohh dear,

370cc rebore, new forged pistons, and the gearbox sorted, now running 70ish bhp.

Doesn’t look bad at all, infact the clutch basket had shattered into 7 pieces, and jammed all inside the side casing.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next weekend out, and bang, my mates blaster locks up solid.

Stripped, new ported and polished barrel, high comp piston, LRD race pipe, big carb, reeds and 1mm taken off the head. This thing flys now!

Then I went an bought a Chevette for some RWD madness, however I soon got bored, and sold this on to OswestryAutoworks on here (Phill).

The shell has never been welded, and doesn’t need it, needs the arches tidying up and a blow over.

Next was something to keep me entertained whilst I can’t get at the nova, another van, for track use and for santapod etc.

EPIC fail collecting it, loaded it up etc, and my van wouldn’t start, 200 miles from home, with no AA, and a £450 bill to get me home (Not impressed)

Anyway, this new van has been built over the last 2 weeks, ready for pvs, a “Good” “no smoke or rattles” engine was purchased, this then smoked its cock off, so no pvs.

5 stud went on, 320mm vec GSI brakes, SRI turbo wheels painted and on, brand new GSI bumper, GSI rear bumper, Smoothed boot, GSI skirts, Side Strips, basically everything I like on the vans.

And that’s pretty much the last 6 months, I couldn’t bring the van to PVS as it was smoking like mad on idle, suspected stem seals, so the guys at autovaux sorted me out with some genuine ones for £8. Happy days.

No progress at all on the nova, but within a month it will be down to my unit, and then some serious work taking place.

Hope this wasn’t too boring!

Matt.

Club Member Club Member nova_niek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christ you don't hang about now do you?
    One day I'll start a build thread. One day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take your dad isn't feeling the pinch of the credit crunch yet?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I take your dad isn't feeling the pinch of the credit crunch yet?

Haha, make your own money in life, dont rely on others you tubby fcuk
    Last edited by MattBrown; 13-06-12 at 01:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I make loads of money pimpin your Bec out

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    You know I make loads of money pimpin your Bec out
    Somones gotta do it ::

Where have you been? Eating pies and Gravy like all mancish people do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's Wigan that pal, let's not start with stereotypes with you being a good welsh boy and all, you haven't text me with anything good for sale recently so I've not had chance to catch up with you