Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: mowglis rant about other road users...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re baxter.. Those speed humps down your road are going to join my rant list... They are shyte......i was down there this morning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger13 View Post
    I didn't say I couldn't I just said it was dangerous and if you dont think being in the fast lane on a motorway with zero visibility isn't dangerous then maybe it's you that needs to hand back your licence!

With the punishingly high car taxes imposed on the British there shouldn't be any tolls at all!
    You as a driver have a choice of overtaking or not, if you choose to overtake with no visabilty rather than wait untill the lorry has pulled back in then that's your choice. I think I've been driving long enough to understand the dangers on public roads.

As for road tolls, there are none up here. The Scottish government scrapped all tolls years ago and used public tax money to pay of the bridge debt. Some tolls were scrapped as long ago as 2006. Also wheel clamping is illegal in Scotland.
    success is only limited by a weak mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct about the clamping bazil,the only people who can legally clamp in scotland are the dvla,my brother used to work for them in glasgow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raf24 View Post
    Correct about the clamping bazil,the only people who can legally clamp in scotland are the dvla,my brother used to work for them in glasgow
    Yup, though they also like to lift your car and pound it
    Iirc the only reason they can do it is because if your car has no tax the owner is breaking the law by keeping it on a public street, so it gets clamped to prevent its use.

Prescription charges got the boot aswell . FREE DRUGS!! GET IN!!!
    success is only limited by a weak mind

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone drives like a cnut, just join in

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorways - I've got to drive over a hundred on them tomorrow and the number of people that just sit in the middle lane cause they can. GGGGGGGGRRRRRR I can feel the rage already.

No I know I move about a bit on Motorways mainly due to the fact there are 3 lanes and lots of other people use them so I try where ever possible within reason to be in the slow lane. Maybe I'm a bit over zealous when it comes to that. But when you're in the middle lane it's a mile before you overtake the next car. Pull the fliiping heck in.

I just don't get it.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate slow moving vehicles on the dual carraigeway, on the way to work and back i do 25 miles on a dual carraigeway, i once got stuck in heavy traffic and thought there must have been a crash, just before i pull of the carraigeway i overtake a tractor and 2 mobile cranes, to this day i can't understand why one of the cranes overtook the other as they we're built by the same company.

Although i do show abit of courtesy to lorry drivers, if im having a slow drive and one overtakes me i'll flash them when they're clear etc

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_nova1 View Post
    I hate slow moving vehicles on the dual carraigeway, on the way to work and back i do 25 miles on a dual carraigeway, i once got stuck in heavy traffic and thought there must have been a crash, just before i pull of the carraigeway i overtake a tractor and 2 mobile cranes, to this day i can't understand why one of the cranes overtook the other as they we're built by the same company.

Although i do show abit of courtesy to lorry drivers, if im having a slow drive and one overtakes me i'll flash them when they're clear etc
    you moan about slow drivers yet u drive slow enough for lorrys to overtake you?

old people! some of them shouldnt be allowed a licence. coming up to a roundabout the other day and there was an old man in his rover just stopped when there was noone in sight. waited for a a minute and he decided to pull off stalling it 3 times then crawling down the road at 10mph!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet the people complaining about trucks don't think about how their food got there when they pop to tesco's...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazil View Post
    Prescription charges got the boot aswell . FREE DRUGS!! GET IN!!!
    thats only becasue us BRITISH foot your bill, with our £8 per item charge