Thread: Got bored

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This box of scrap finally turned up today....... 2 weeks later. Needless to say I wont be using Griffin Autosport again. Ever.

Anyway, besides that the cheap china bolts are IMO only fit for the bin so there in there already and Ive also machined up some 17mm spacers for the coilover/top mount from a bit of scrap T6 aluminium at work.
    I dont know why but i 'd at that box of scrap comment,why is it scrap??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I dont know why but i 'd at that box of scrap comment,why is it scrap??
    Just a phrase mate. Couple of plates of steel welded together = scrap

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and a mate of mine say pretty much the same about our parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are mate. Im growing bored shÃ*tless of messing with cars & no longer have any motivation. Would much rather have a cushy daily & thats it.

Couple of mates of mine have recently not long bought 1300/1500cc Sea Doo's. There aint no speed limits out on the water mate. Plenty of tunning scope for them & can run nitrous oxide too.

Fancy that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been mincing again tonight. Coilovers I bought were designed for OE top mounts (yawn...) not eccentrics so ran into a small issue.

Turned down some lovely small T6 ally spacers, built suspension units up but decided where the insert bolts to the top mount just didnt look right at all (read as unsafe).

Being the all round genius & general awesome top bloke that I are, I devised a plan. Stock + dye x coilover insert = win.

Bought a big old 38mm dia split die (as the punny 28mm one I was using didnt like big chunks of stainless steel & shÃ*t its **** out as soon as I tried), a nice hefty stock & got busy.

LH with spacer, RH without

LH with spacer, RH without

Much better (and cheaper!) then sending them back to GAZ to swap the inserts out for eccentric compatible ones.
    Last edited by Mike; 05-01-12 at 08:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slowly but surely plodding, probably around 10 months behind schedule now but such is life an all that jazz.

Picked up some new old stock NLS ex works GrpA alloy bells for a steal, just need the rotors for them another day. Came in a box wrapped in newspaper from June 2000!

Fitted coilovers out with 10" tarmac springs & got them on the car. Got my hands on some Corsa GSi skirts made from GRP which I plan to take a mould from at some point & obviously fit to car. Pair of Corsa GSi driveshafts for a bargain 22.50 off eBay this morning too.

CarbonMike wise though Im not to busy this weekend and because its only 3c outside instead of spanner work Ill make a start on a carbon fibre drivers side inner floor to match the co-driver foot tray instead.
    Last edited by Mike; 14-01-12 at 11:30 AM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some lovely scrap there Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant wait to weight it in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right then chaps, this is now up for sale as I cant take it with me fortunatly

Asking £2k for the lot. The car and all the parts associated with it etc etc. Will be sold rolling on standard Corsa Sport 3 spokes so can be trailerd or towing dolly etc. Failing a full sale ill be eBay'ing the best bits & the rest is going down EMR's compacter.

PM for details or hav a look through the thread for just about all the parts & junk thats included (around £2ks worth, could easily break this for £3k IMO if you know how to sell properly)
    Last edited by Mike; 23-01-12 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Right then chaps, this is now up for sale as I cant take it with me fortunatly

Asking £2k for the lot. The car and all the parts associated with it etc etc. Will be sold rolling on standard Corsa Sport 3 spokes so can be trailerd or towing dolly etc. Failing a full sale ill be eBay'ing the best bits & the rest is going down EMR's compacter.

PM for details or hav a look through the thread for just about all the parts & junk thats included (around £2ks worth, could easily break this for £3k IMO if you know how to sell properly)
    just chuck it out in the garden, let the rag and bone man take it