Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scammer doing the rounds

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they always include ship instead of deliver or send.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thers anouther scam goin on ebay atm. well a brilliant way of makin a profit anyway.
    someone is finding cars and bikes on ebay that have been incorrectly spelt bids/buys and wins them ,as sellers normally give 1 week to collect, the guy copies all the details and changes the contact number on advert. starts a new listing up for the same car with the correct spelling over a 5 day period, askes for a £200+ (profit) deposit by paypal at end of auction as original listing states changes the contact details back to original seller address number via email selling the car for more than priviously sold for making more money. states that must be collected within 48 hours unless he makes the seller aware ,winning bidder goes and collects car/bike privious seller and second buyer completely oblivious to the scam that has just taken place.
    Last edited by maxonova; 26-03-09 at 12:20 AM.

CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pillar
    i had it ages ago when i was selling my sprint kit and all my parts i was asking £500 he sent me a cheque for £1300 or something stupid and said to pay the rest back into a different account and to ship the parts
    same happened with my sister when she had my astra advertised on one of her silly sites
    he wanted to send a cheque out for silly amounts and then he comes and gets the car and extra money
    i told her to let him pay it and keep all the money and the car

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats why you only ever deal in cash on collection. when selling a car ask the to meet you at a secure location ie police station, give the that as you address

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a few of these a while ago, whilst selling an audi 100, always shoot them down when they ask to ship without seeing the car. me thinks that the favorite one going about is an offer to pay by cheque for a car or item that is required to be shipped immidiatly, paying a huge amount of money and then refunding the change from the shipping. people have been hit by this before, always deal with cash when selling a car, my best recomendation!!