Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2290

Thread: Spaceframed SR20DET RWD Nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    Well mate, those rear lights look the best bit..

But that 1st picture, this is going to be some animal on track or road. A menacing sight.

Certainly will need a wide arch kit or flaring of the standard arches. In fact, to me, I'd try to make it look as standard as possible, taking the arches out as subtly as possible but still making it so the wheels tuck under.

I think it looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    Thanks bud, and thanks for the rear lights! Lol

Given my subsequent posts, the only standard/subtle look might be the mk2 caddy style flared arches! Lol

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That or the 3 series next to the red E21 BM.
    Although hearing your ideas, the more bonkers it is that better.

NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    That or the 3 series next to the red E21 BM.
    Although hearing your ideas, the more bonkers it is that better.

I always had in my head keeping it round arch and somewhat subtle, but the more I look at some of the wild time attack cars and old DTM stuff it makes me wanna. But I feel like I would also need to be on pretty wide wheels to really pull it off. Fat and squat.

Also, given all the re-work I did for the flat floor, it would be a shame not to explore the aero side of things too.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not got a lot of input on how to make it look good, but fuck me it's gonna look badass if those example pictures of the look you're after are anything to go by

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by novarally View Post
    Have you watched any Ryan Tuerck videos on YouTube?

If you can get past his annoying and childish American arrogance, then they've done some great builds, and he has a truly brilliant fabricator called Dom. He's certainly the brains behind the operation!

He did some great stuff with an aluminium footrest in one of their drift cars. Good for inspiration.

EDIT - took me a while to find it, but here it is;

(1) Best Floor Plate Ever Machined? East Coast Car EP.9 - YouTube

The latest build they're doing, a modern Supra with a Judd V10 motor is quite something.
    I love his videos.
    Been watching them for years from when he was a armature doing drifting on his drive..
    Dom is amazing at fab and work.. Bet his work costs alot
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow

Found its been a year since a checked in to here. You've made crazy progress, so impressed.
    Cage looks amazing even more s now its painted.

Looks great with the shell over the top too
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Wow

Found its been a year since a checked in to here. You've made crazy progress, so impressed.
    Cage looks amazing even more s now its painted.

Looks great with the shell over the top too
    Thanks Benn, it was great seeing it all painted, felt like real progress.

I?m itching to get back working on it but it?s not realistically gonna happen until new year at best. I have been ordering various parts in tho ready for when progress does start!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

** LONG POST ALERT **

So the house move happened in early October, moving to an overall smaller garage space. Everything on moving day was literally shoved into the garage. I still have no idea how everything fitted! Having rafter space was the saviour I think. I said to myself I wasn't going to worry about it until new year as we were heading back to the USA for nearly all of December anyway.

So now it's new year and so far I've got one of my sheds up and moved a bunch of crap like boxes of parts, box section, jig, rotisserie etc over to that. I'm about to start building a base to get another shed up to house the garden stuff. I then need to fit out the plant room so all the car cleaning stuff can go in there where it's a bit warmer and drier. That then gives me loads of space back to organise the garage, finally! Hopefully that can all be done by end of February.

Alas, some car stuff has happened too, I?ve been collecting up some parts! A company in the USA called Chase Bays do a really nice complete power steering hose replacement kit fully plumbed with AN fittings and a nice billet reservoir. So that came back with me from the states and I have everything I need to replace and upgrade all the steering lines, just the rack itself and the pump will not be new.

Last edited by The Simps; 14-01-22 at 04:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the subject of power steering, I also picked up a relocation kit for the pump which moves it lower down to basically where the AC pump would be. It gives a marginal shift of weight to lower down but more importantly a nice straight run to the turbo inlet. This is the kit. (pic from sellers website, not my engine)

I also picked up a Wilwood brake bias valve with integrated brake light switch while in the states.

Last edited by The Simps; 14-01-22 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This week I had my front tension rods arrive from GKTech. I was always going to replace the stock ones with adjustable ones and I really liked this kit. I doubt I will need the lock clearance (there a drift based kit) but it certainly does not hurt to have it! These will allow me to add loads of extra caster which was always the plan to not just help with turn in but help bring the wheel forward in the arch as I had deliberately set it back when I shoved the engine back an extra inch. I've got them fitted up on one side so far and gained c15mm forward movement and think there's more to go once I replace the lower control arms for ones with rod bearing.

Stock tension rod...

The stock nissan wheels run a 205/55/R16 all round which is just such a big chunky size on the front of a nova. With the 17s I currently have in 17x8 for the front, they have 215/45/R17s fitted which would be the equivalent size. Ive got a hold of a couple of cheap used tyres in 205/45/R16 and fitted them to a stock rim and the wheel now looks sooo much better in the arch. The equivalent 17 tyre size would be 205/40/17. I will get a pic of this when I can get the car out the garage.

In a previous post I talked about wanting to look at going down to a 16" wheel in front but keeping a 17" in the rear. The problem with running the 16s however is it becomes very tight for clearance for lots of the fancy parts unless you are running very low offset wheels, in particular drop knuckles. Most of the drop knuckles require you to run rod ends for the tie rods & lower ball joints which are taller and can hit the inside of the rim. However, I've finally found a company that do a knuckle where normal ball joints and rod ends can be used - hurrah! The drop knuckles in question bring the ball joint height 50mm lower and steering joint 64mm lower - more than enough to get my geometry all back in line again with the lows I am running. They do 3 versions depending on what Ackerman you want to run, I will probably go with the middle drift/grip option. The grip option is based upon standard Ackerman for the 200sx.

Last edited by The Simps; 14-01-22 at 04:05 PM.