Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: J105 LLV! WhiteSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default J105 LLV! WhiteSR

Bought my car March last year, saw the ad on ebay and as it was only down the road went and had a look! Needed a bit of work:- Both doors, both rear arches, bit on boot floor patching up, 3 wheel bearings, dodgy alarm sorting, MOT and Tax. Was a bit tappy but thought it could do with oil change. So i made the bloke and offer of ?280 and he agreed :D. So that weekend i got the low loader from work and picked it up.

Finally got round to getting some doors sorted for it, someone from here but can't remeber who! ?60 for the pair, NS was mint and OS had slight bubbling rust on bottom, so went and picked them up with M3 mirrors (I now whats the point?) And started taking off the decals down the side and found out half had been painted as it had OSR smack but i got that all done. Whilst the NS door was off i decided to de-lock it, it looks spot on IMO.

Got it into the bodyshop after saving up in September 2006 and got the doors and M3's sprayed and the arches fitted and sprayed and came out looking amazing (so i thought). So i fitted the new doors and mirrors, aswell as the 50mm springs my parents got me and set about finishing off my driving and passing my test!

When my brother used to have his SR he had some steels he was spraying up, but sold his cvar before he finished them and they just cluttered up my garage for ages, until i thought id spray them up, aswell as the centre caps, which i got the vauxhall badges painted breeze blue! Thanks Dad! (Didnt have steady hand)

Last edited by coochiSR; 18-03-07 at 06:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got them fitted, got standard mirrors back on(Thanks andybishop!) and got rid of the L plates in November! (Crap piccy though) And i put on my stickers!!! Cheers JSeymour.

Then me being brains of Britain missed 4th gear and went to 2nd and bent 2 valves! but luckily im a spanner monkey and fixed it that day
    But at the same time i got the mirrors off Andy, i got some GSI skirts in grey from him, so got some clips ordered and set about trying to fit them! (Notice the centre caps!)

Then in december i decided i would stick it up the a**e of a Jazz (not the cleverist thing i've done) and set about getting some second hand bits. Which my friend H15 NVA had, already in white, but as i had more money than sense i thought id get the bonnet debadged and the aerial hole smoothed. And the grill provided was a black meshed one, which has grown on me :D. The damage i done probably wrote car off but kept her on road:- needed NSF wing, bonnet, grill, rad, slam panel, valance, headlight, indicator and bumper.
    Before:-

After:-

(Supposedly my wing was twisted so it didnt fit properly but instead of asking me he fitted it chipping the door to hell! And still looked rubbish IMO.)
    Got told i had a ide repeater out and went about fixing it (replacing bulb) and found out it werent wired up! The bodyshop had not only broken the clips they had not even wired it up! So got some new smoked LED's. But whilst changing them i kinda found out the bodyshop are cowboys! Welded bottom of wing on, Snapped screws holding bottom stay and no side repeater! But its all good now!
    Last edited by coochiSR; 18-03-07 at 06:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then my head gasket decided it was not gonna play ball and went bang going up the M25 slip road at thurrock (MY THIRD MEET!) and left me on the side of the road waiting for recovery! Got it home and stripped it down, sent head away to get it skimmed and get cracked valve guides done (4!). Got it back and fitted it all, and wouldn't start! Took of oil cap and say a broken finger! Took it all part to find out 3 more! Changed the fingers and lifters and tried again, still no joy, snapped another finger! Got it stripped down and checked the valves, I HAD TO KNOCK 4 OUT WITH A HAMMER AND PUNCH! Found out the engineering company didnt do guides correctly! Got it all done and been fine ever since, burns a bit of oil which i think is rings which i am not doing cos its gettin engine swap when i get hold of one to tune and then fit!

Ever since she hasn't been any trouble (touch wood) but still looks really nice after a bit of TLC :-
    Last edited by coochiSR; 18-03-07 at 05:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would make a great sleeper that, on the sr steelies etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to Folkestone on thursday night to pick up my new "zorst" from KPautomotive. It is a magenx stainless middle and back box :D 3" tail, Fitted that yesterday and sounds really nice, just right not too loud.

(Got two wheels in refurb , hence old steelies)
    When i can be bothered, probably next weekend i am gona set about fitted the Sportex manifold i've got sitting around! But might wait until i receive the K and N from Pompey18 . And finally got round to finsihing off my boot install, hiding wires etc and looks quiet good now, just charging cam battereis and will post up pics!
    Last edited by coochiSR; 24-03-07 at 04:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers STE! And theres still time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it makes me want another now