Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wtf @ Admiral

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Only if the car will be living at your mum's house. Lying about where the car is stored is insurance fraud and will leave you open to prosecution.

Elephant are owned by Admiral, so you'll get a similar quote from them (albeit in my experience a little cheaper).

Quote Originally Posted by nova_ellen
    its probably because you haven't passed yet?
    Learner drivers tend to have cheaper policies.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaLad16
    what is Voluntary excess???
    Excess is what you pay in the event of a claim. Say you claimed for ?750 worth of damage to your car, and the insurance company agreed to pay out - if you had a ?500 excess, you would pay the first ?500 of repairs, the insurance company pays the remaining ?250.

Excess comes in two forms, voluntary and compulsory. Voluntary is the amount you select to lower your policy, and compulsory is the amount the insurance company dictate you must pay (usually depends on your age/experience). A compulsory excess of ?250 + voluntary excess of ?150 = total excess: ?400.

There's also a link in here somewhere to insurance postcode regions (do a search for it). It'll tell you what risk rating you live in. [edit] Its here

Also; try getting quotes for other cars. Then you can decide whether or not the quotes for Novas are expensive. You may also want to try a quote on a 1.4 Nova, in my experience they've sometimes been cheaper to insure than 1.2's as the claim rate is lower.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx alot ... im just gunna try my mums address now because i can keep it up there aswell if i like ... its a better area than my dads. I wish i didnt give the insurence companies my number they keep bloody ringing me haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow me as named driver and up at my mums area instead of my dads .. with ZENITH-SWINTON = ?1,693.42 a year third party fire and theft thats dropped alot

User
    A109 no to muexs lane and over etton bridge, mostly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorjack
    ^ Only if the car will be living at your mum's house. Lying about where the car is stored is insurance fraud and will leave you open to prosecution.
    so when i sleep at my girl friends house on weekends, my cars not insured

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol ... i think he means if its declared off the road ... and its declared at a certain address otherwise ... if its been moved then it shows youhave drive it etc... and your not insured to do that

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

putting your dad on might increase insurance, spouse or partner can reduce it, so if you have a 30 year old female partner with 10+ years no claims it could come down, if you live in a dodgy area get a quote with a thatcham alarm fitted, if its alot cheaper consider getting an alarm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it dropped a couple of hundred just by putting my mum postal code on the insurence instead of my dads ... and thats also with just me as the driver and no 1 else... I guess i shouldnt be thinking about this as much and consentrating more on my test etc... But i liek to think money problems ahead so i can prepare for them ... I'll do literally anythign to get the money together!!! Nothing sexual haha!!!!

NovaLad16

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fcuk paying that much.
    I'd wait a bit,Lol.

Keep with the moped until your 18+

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would keep on my bike till im 18 but a 50cc scooter gets boring after a year and my insurence runs out in the next 2 month.

NovaLad16

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id insure it from your mums house without thinking twice, after all she is your mum, u do live there from time to time so id love to try and see them try and prove otherwise.

Oh and my first year of driving i went on my dads policy as a named driver, and when i finally went on my own policy last month it shaved ?500 off my insurance due to one years exp.