Thread: F528eah Wip 1300sr

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default F528eah Wip 1300sr

Right, this is my first car, a little 1300SR. I bought it a month before i had my test booked, september, for ?500. Now at first, i was all up for working on it, and getting it looking how i want. But i kinda lost intrest due to many reasons, one being the chance of a newer car. However, iv recently been thinking about the it, and have got a renewed enthusiasm for the car.

Anyway, im currently only in part time employment, and im sure most of you will know how much im paying on my insurence being 17 (with 3 points), so money is a bit tight at the moment. However, a new job is on the horizon, so things may start slow, but will pick up. I have a fair few plans for the car, none OTT, or chavvy, im very much in the the smooth, subtle look.

This is how the car looked when i bought it:

I havent done much to it really, thus far:
    Tinted rears
    Old style plates
    CD player/ 6x9`s (rewired)
    Whipped the badge off the bonnet

And a bit of back to black did the world of good.

Anyway, my plans are now to:

Sort the dreded rust, you will see when i put up some newer pic`s and
    sort the bumpers out, either paint them black, or at least get them really dark. Not sure wather to keep them matt or not.

Nicer smaller wheel
    Alloys
    Lowered, big time, it looks to high at the front
    ICE, not to ott, just some decent front speakers and a sub or two.
    Not sure what else just yet, sure i will think of some.

Ill put some pics up tomorrow, of how its lookin now, then ill give it a nice wash.

Matt

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a tidy wee motor. please dont wreck it by putting big fibreglass kits on. keep it standard looking with a nice set of wheels and low.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going to take the pin stripe off? looks like a good first car to me mate...

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Music to my ears ^ , yeah, im not lookin to out chav the locals. And as to the pin strip, seems pretty well stuck on. was using a heat gun, but was taking time, and my legs were hurting .

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice project there you got mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In mint condition, that is my fave Nova from, the factory. late mk1 SR in white. Ooh!

Like this one. Needs a white pinstripe IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stunning car that mate just like mine. mine allready had the pinstripe remooved but yea really nice motor have a look at mine sometime if you havent i wanted one with no sunroof though but yea keep us posted
    i got a post on this projects page so tell me what you think of mine
    thanks loads

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What alloys do you have plans for mate? A set of Vaux ones or aftermarket and what size and colour? I reckon that a set of anthracite wheels (in Rover gunmetal or similar colour) would look don if your keeping the plastics all in that colour! Nice motor you have there though, what area are you from?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iv looked at ur sr a few times on here wudgey, very nice, not a big fan of clear rears (hence the tinted ones ) but deffo want rid of the pinstrip now, looks so much smoother without.

As to alloys, im not too sure, any alloys at the moment, SR/GTE/GSI wheels would do for now, but i quite like the wheels on the above sr. Im swaying more in the gloss bumper look i think, but im still not sure. might start a thread in styling forum.

Im in milton keynes, roundabout land , other than mine, iv only seen one other sr about, same colour, but a G reg. in fact, its the only nova i see often. I travel down to london quite regualarly, car sits nice at 70 all the way, but am looking forward to the summer, family have a caravan in southend, so will be down there a fair bit too.

Matt

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matt1chelski
    iv looked at ur sr a few times on here wudgey, very nice, not a big fan of clear rears (hence the tinted ones ) but deffo want rid of the pinstrip now, looks so much smoother without.

As to alloys, im not too sure, any alloys at the moment, SR/GTE/GSI wheels would do for now, but i quite like the wheels on the above sr. Im swaying more in the gloss bumper look i think, but im still not sure. might start a thread in styling forum.

Im in milton keynes, roundabout land , other than mine, iv only seen one other sr about, same colour, but a G reg. in fact, its the only nova i see often. I travel down to london quite regualarly, car sits nice at 70 all the way, but am looking forward to the summer, family have a caravan in southend, so will be down there a fair bit too.

Matt
    its like that round here aswell well theres a few novas here but not many but the only sr's ive seen round here are the ones ive owned yea i like the speedlines (the wheels on the nova above) hense having a set on mine there gettin refurbed though now.yea mine is good really on motorway economicly aswell well she was before i started putting a valver in it wont be after the conversion finished .just be carefull with her though as there rare now i crashed my first sr and was gutted i had to get anuther one glacier white well i would have had a mustard or jamaican yellow sr but i had to get another one before i could stop feeling so bad about myself well cheers pal
    mark