0 Thread(s)

Venoms only.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well its now step closer to running again . motor is back in now and today is the day to plumb it all back in

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dyno booked for 25th of may . fingers crossed will be ready for the Vauxhall show
    Last edited by total_vauxhall; 04-04-23 at 10:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm liking this a lot

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit more trimming required . I will need to re glass the bumper edge back on and paint it but at least I can turn now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just been back and read through again. How was it making the bar for the front? I'm toying with the ide for mine as I'm using a larger none vauxhall engine and the extra room will be a god send. Is it just rollcage tubing that you have tied into the chassis legs?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes 38mm cds tube relatively easy to do as long as your OK with fabrication . I made a frame and bolted it to my garage floor with heavy channel . then welded angle iron to all standard old tie bars and bottom arms ect so they were fixed solid to the frame and garage floor obviously with car on stands not on rear wheels . once I was sure they went going to move any were I unbolted them from the standard cross member and cut all the front off . cut the legs right back to the strut turrets and insert tubes inside the chassis legs and capped the ends of the legs off around the tube . then formed the hoop tube and then sheeted from the legs to the tube . me and nud did mine first but if you look online on social media for nuds nova he's done exact same on his apart from in more detail . all I can say is unless you are using adjustable arms ect . ensure you get it all bolted down solid before you start otherwise you could end up with a wonky car

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another job done . just brakes to pipe to handbrake

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time in day light for about a year . should be so much of a better setup now with all the adjustment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by total_vauxhall View Post
    Yes 38mm cds tube relatively easy to do as long as your OK with fabrication . I made a frame and bolted it to my garage floor with heavy channel . then welded angle iron to all standard old tie bars and bottom arms ect so they were fixed solid to the frame and garage floor obviously with car on stands not on rear wheels . once I was sure they went going to move any were I unbolted them from the standard cross member and cut all the front off . cut the legs right back to the strut turrets and insert tubes inside the chassis legs and capped the ends of the legs off around the tube . then formed the hoop tube and then sheeted from the legs to the tube . me and nud did mine first but if you look online on social media for nuds nova he's done exact same on his apart from in more detail . all I can say is unless you are using adjustable arms ect . ensure you get it all bolted down solid before you start otherwise you could end up with a wonky car

Thankyou for the info. Unfortunately I'm not on any social media so can't check the other nova out. My front crossmember is already off as it was bent and rotten . Shouldn't be too hard to get it right though with a bit of measuring. I need all the engine bay room I can get so this mod really will help. I'm very interested to see your 60foot times on your new setup.