Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Exhaust Manifold?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you could get some stainless ones made up I'd be interested. I'm running a mild steel janspeed at the moment. It does the job and well happy with the high end flow, but the stainless steel looks really shabby now.

If you can't find a stainless one and have to go for mild steel I would recomend removing any paint that they have sprayed on and then spraying some VHT paint on. For some reason Janspeed use normal paint which flakes off within seconds of turning the engine on. I don't know if other manufacturers do the same.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTB exhausts do stainless. Much better design than the flat 4-1 Ashley type. Unfortunately they're not cheap. If I get some spare time over the w/e I may post up how they look.

Easington, Cleveland Drives: Silver Fabia vRS on satin black Comp TH Mono's Builds: Wide track Nova
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be useful gary

I've been in contact with BTB Exhausts and they do make a special order stainless manifold with expected delivery around 5-6 weeks. They did not mention a price and I am replying to find this out and if there would any chance of getting a run made with a discounted price.

They gave me prices for mild steel manifold which go for ?213+VAT both of these have the Lambda sensor though which I don't need as I don't need a cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have one with the lambda sensor, you can always just blank it off.
    And then when you come to sell it, it will be useful for quite a few engines

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yer iv got an ashley 4-1, carnt say anything bad about it apart from the paint, as already said, id take the factory paint off and do it yourself.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Dan; 17-06-06 at 08:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, now i have edited gary's pic which was the size of belguim (pls dont do it again)

here is a picture of my old and new manifold before i wrapped it, old one didnt have lambda pic up new one does but not an issue either way (i got a new one due to 9 yrs of abuse being enough for the old one )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a c12nz engine in my corsa, what manifolds fit these, am i right in believing most nova/corsa 8v engines share the same size exhaust manifolds, so which one is best to get, cheapest, and if ne1 has one they are selling. I know people will say whats the point tuning a 1.2, but i cant afford an engine change and the insurance so gotta make do with what i got

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corsa has a different downpipe to a nova, so a 4branch manifold to a nova wont fit a corsa.