Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18's kahn rsr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RE: 18's kahn rsr

Keith, yes they are a direct bolt on replacement for the standard front arches, They are standard front arches pulled wider and the hole fiber glassed up and smoothed. Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please will everyone stop this 18's nonesense. they look shite coz theyre far too big for a nova. even 17's look way to big. imagine what u r doing to the performance of the car. when i changed from standard 14's to 15's my car just wasnt anywhere near as fast. all this flared arches by 4 inches is pointless, it looks stupid. just keep the classic shape of the car and have it really low on a smart set of 15's. look way better than 17's or 18's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yam Yam leader take a look at the purple widearch nova on 17's in last months Max Power and tell me it looks crap! Or Ian Storey's. I agree that Pinky's 18's are a bit over the top but it's a demonstrator for his company to show the kind of mods he's capable of. I think he's drives a Civic type r day to day coz the handling is so bad on the nova.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drive a GTE on 17`s, and it`s dropped 60 front/ 40 back. If you set the tracking/camber up (which every one should do really as lowering your car fucks the geometry up anyway) it handles just as good as before. Fair enough there`s a lot of arch work to be done, but performance wise it only knocks of a bit of acceleration and you get lower engine revs for the same speed which makes driving it more comfortable. Fair enough, lower capacity cars may suffer but if you`ve got a 1.6 or higher go for it! Modded 1.4 could cope as well I imagine.